February 10, 2010

It's Your Day!

This is the last birthday layout of Brianna's birthday. She chose what she wanted to do for her birthday and now I know why.... we were busy all day! But this page sums it all up, as all she really wanted was her pink DS! So that's just what Grandma & Grandpa got her! This layout is from the 2/5 Stuck On U Sketch it worked out perfectly for the photos I had and I was able to use the scraps from the first layout.
Don't you just love these fan flowers! They are perfect for this page and I am finally making them a lot faster.
I used all the scraps from the original birthday layout for this one and it worked great. All I had to do was plan my color choices to make sure I had enough paper for the cuts. I originally planned for confetti but I made them to small so I scratched that idea and removed it from my Gypsy Woman.
I then used my cutter and made 2, 1 1/4"wx12" strips for the fan flower. This time I followed advise from Jen and used my score pal.... it sure was easy on my hands and the folds were more consise. Thanks again Jen for this time saving tip.
I used the Cuttle bug and 3 different patterns on the blocks. This offered more texture and provides more interest to the eye.
I took the time to journal a little to make it more personal and once again draw your eye to it.
This is how I adhered the fans to the page... with lots of medium size glue dots.
Look at the detail, once again I used the Celebration cart for the hats, horn, cake. I used Mini Monograms for the DS, and George for the boxes. The circles were cut with a circle punch to hold the fan together. Isn't it amazing what you can do with a bunch of scrap pieces of paper?
As you can see I used plenty of skittles. I ran out of contrasting colors and decided that the skittles would do the trick!
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Just click for a copy of my Sassy-BD gypsy file. Thank you for your comments, they mean so much to me and I am always encouraged by them.

19 comments:

Sandi Clarkson said...

Hey, hey, hey .. great job using the sketch, Sheila! And Brianna is learning young that we ladies need our "tools" (or games.) Love that you could use your scraps on this one and it will make such a nice companion page to the other LO. Well, you already know when I'm from but let's shout out .. MB and SOUS! Thanks for being a part of it all!

bevb said...

This lo rocks. All the techniques that you used on it are awesome. I am gonna try the flower. Best of all, all scraps. How cool is that. Love the lo and your take on the b'day.

~BridgetL~ said...

lovely layout. I really need to get my gypsy out and learn how to use it. I love how you made those flowers. :)

Unknown said...

I like this so much and really like all the birthday touches! What a fun day and great photos!
I use my DS like you do, arranging all those bits of paper around the mat. Not everyone does that but its alot less of a hassle for me.
Oh and I like the colors of this a lot as well!

xoxo Leah

Unknown said...

What a great LO! I really like the colors you used!! I love using up my scraps on my Gypsy projects and cutting it all at one time! Love those flowers too. Saw this on the cricut MB!

Audrey Frelx said...

Why I am not surprised! It's just another beautiful layout from a sassy lady!!!

By the way, I've got your vote all tucked away and good luck!

I'll be seeing you!

Barb Craft said...

Sheila - I already left you a message on the MB but wanted to stop by here and tell you again how amazing this LO is!! I love all your attention to details... and you are so right about adding extra texture using the embossing folders... I need to do a better job of that! thanks for all the inspiration!!
Barb

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Wow, another awesome layout. I so love coming to see your blog, love how you explain how you do everything..

Shantaie said...

Love all those sparkley accents, and the flowers!!

Sandy said...

Yes, those smiles are what it is all about!!!! So sorry I have not been my blog hoppy self...where does the time go!!!! I wish I could devote my life to scrappy goodness and all my scrappy friends. This is faboulous...I adore what you have done with the sketch! your sweet GD looks so very happy!!! I really like the way you show a step by step of your layout process...I know that takes extra time and it is so generus of you to give us so much of yours...thanx for being part of my scrappy world!!!

Snowmanlover said...

What a gorgeous layout!!!

Jodie R said...

Great layout Shiela. I love all the glitter and diecuts! So cute!

Debbie said...

Beautiful layout! Love the colors, all of the embossing and glitter!

Carol said...

Sheila ... I love this LO ... such pretty colors ... and that flower looks amazing! But you are right ... there's nothing better than seeing a great big happy smile on someone you love! =)
Hugz,
♥Carol♥

LiveLaughScrap said...

Beautiful LO. I love the colors. And this will be somethng she cherishes long after she out grows the DS.
Lori

Sandi said...

Great layout, thanks so much for participating in the BBTB2 Challenge. Sandi

DonnaMundinger said...

What a fun layout! Love those flowers and the whole thing is just so festive! Thanks for participating at BBTB2. xxD

A Little Time said...

Wow! There are so many beautiful details on this page. This is gorgeous! Thanks for playing with us at BBTB2.

Jeri said...

Beautiful LO. So many fabulous details to look at. Those fan flowers are beautiful. Thanks for entering the contest at BBTB2. Good Luck!