May 21, 2010

Falling Head Over Heels for Summer in Paris


I am falling . . . for Summer in Paris!  Hi everyone! This is Elizabeth from 217 Creations.  This waterfall card is so easy to make with the help of a Gypsy file made from Plantin Schoolbook.  Before I start I just want to thank Sassy for having me as her guest again on her blog! Let's get started!

Summer in Paris has some tricky cuts that may cause some trouble.  My settings were:
Medium Pressure 
Blade Depth 6
Multicut of 2
Since I cut on Gypsy I have no control over speed. 
It is probably closest to high when compared to the machine cutting traditionally.
The hot air balloon is cut at 4 inches. The blackout has been Glimmer Misted and detailed with my gold Signo pen.  I just love the string details!  This was done with embroidery floss and Zip Dry glue.

The crowns are cut at .75 inches.

The word "Fly" is from Elegant Cakes and is cut at 1.25 inches.

The stamps are from Stamper's Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection in Shabby French.

My patterned paper is from Websters Pages.

There are many versions of waterfall cards on the web and I am so glad I get to show you mine.  Since I am always looking for an quicker and easier way to make cards and albums, you know I had to put my Gypsy girl to work.  And boy did she work!  The file is perfect and best of all it's FREE!!!!! 

Watch the video for assembly instructions but here are my notes: (the file for download is on my blog www.217Creations.blogspot.com)
The file is 6 pages.  The paper notes are merely suggestions.  This card can be made vertically or horizontally.
  • Page 1: Score in half.  This is the base of the card. Cut in solid cardstock.
  • Page 2:  This is the brad band. Cut in solid cardstock.
  • Page 3: This is the mat for the front of the card and the inside of the card.  Cut this page twice once in sold cardstock and once in patterned paper.
  • Page 4:  This is the waterfall band.  It has 3 sets of scoremarks.  Fold all three with mountain folds.  Cut in solid cardstock
  • Page 5:  These are the backing mats for the waterfall squares.  Cut in sold cardstock.
  • Page 6:  These are the top mats for the waterfall squares.  Cut in patterned paper.

As always thanks for commenting.  If you want to download the file please visit www.217Creations.blogspot.com

21 comments:

Doris P. said...

kinda has that 'elegant" look to it. pretty card, especially the colors.
parkernana5@cox.net

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Elizabeth this card is AMAZING!!!
I absolutely love all the detail! And the video is perfect so easy to understand! I have to try this card! But what makes it so special is how you decorated it. I love the stamps you added and the sentiment is perfect. The balloon with all the strings just pushes this card over the top! Thank you for joining us today and sharing your wonderful talent!

Barb Craft said...

Elizabeth... this card is stunning!! Wow!! I love all the details and thank you for telling us the settings you used when cutting. I know those fancy cuts are a little more tricky to get to cut right!! I just received this cart so I might just have to make this one!!!
Barb :)

flowerdisco said...

This is just great art and papers. looove it.

papillon digital design said...

oh wow. I have fallen as well now. Card is gorgeous. But yours always is.
I will download your file and check the video as soon as I get some time..

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Beautiful card and technique. Love your colors and details. Thanks for sharing! I just visited your blog and love all your work, very nice!!!!

Happy Friday!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I have never tried one of these waterfall cards before, thanks for taking the time to share. And the directions sound like I could even do it.

Cynde said...

Beautiful card! I guess I DON'T have to go to Paris to find ways to use this cartridge!

http://cyndepeterson.blogspot.com/

Sandi Clarkson said...

Wow, Elizabeth, this is outstanding. I didn't even think I needed this cart though .. now I'm sunk! The card is just perfection. Thanks for the step by step!

Becky Roper said...

Elizabeth this is a fabulous card! Great details on how to create it. I also love that you gave the cricut settings for the cut file. Thanks for sharing.

Audrey Frelx said...

Elizabeth, I love your waterfall card!!! And I just got my Summer In Paris cart too, and I agree with you -- I love it!!!

Granny said...

This is a beautiful card! I like that hot air balloon. TFS

Debbie said...

Beautiful card - love all the details! Hmmm - do I need this cartridge now that I have seen your card?

Cheryl Boglioli said...

Wow! So very pretty. Love all the details you added and I love those stamps too. Your instructions are great. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

This is a fabulous card. I want to try to make one -- looks like so much fun. I'm not a big card maker, but this waterfall technique might transfer to scrapbook pages with really cool results! You are very talented -- thanks for sharing your talent with the rest of us!

Karen (flywhistle)

Sentimental Scrapper said...

This is such a pretty card! Love the sentiment!

Java Jen's Creations said...

Love, love, love this card!! You make amazing projects!! Thanks so much for sharing this beautiful card!!

Snowmanlover said...

Wow, what a gorgeous card, Elizabeth. Thanks for sharing!! Barb aka snowmanlover

scrappinlil said...

Wow I agree with snowman lover...gorgeous card..love the details and the colors you used. TFS

Turnedgypsy said...

wow beautiful technique. I just love different fold cards.

chriswooten57
mcwooten1999@carolina.rr.com
http://turnedgypsy.blogspot.com

mfc.melissamade2 said...

This is gorgeous!!! Love the waterfall!