May 12, 2010

Gift Bag, matching card and ribbon flowers!

Good morning! Here I am again at "She's a Sassy Lady" sharing more fun ideas. Today I am showing you how to decorate a gift bag, make a matching card and how to make ribbon flowers. This is what they look like  when you are done:


I bought a medium size white gift bag with handles.


I chose cardstock and cut two panels to cover the front and back of the bag.


This is what it looks like when it's done:



I glued some trimming to both sides of the bag:


I also tied ribbons all over both handles to match my paper:



RIBBON FLOWERS:

I punched 3 circles sizes 1 1/4" - 1 3/8" -  and 2 "


Cut 8 strips of ribbon about 2 1/2" long


Glue unto the 2 1/2 circle.




Do the same with the 1 3/8 circle using a different color ribbon.


Glue on top of the larger circle


Put lots of tacky glue on the smaller circle. Start twisting your ribbon until you have covered the entire circle.



Glue unto center of layered flower.


Glue unto bag.


I made tags for the bag and the card using tag punches.



I also punched some butterflies.





I made a card using the leftover papers and embellished it with ribbons, a tag, a butterfly and embellished it with pearls.



Here is your beautiful final product.


Hope you enjoyed this tutorial! You can visit my blog at http://beatrizguzman58.blogspot.com.
Have a blessed and wonderful day... Happy Wednesday!

24 comments:

Cassie said...

Such a fabulous project!!!
That loopy flower is too clever!
Love it!!!
=)

Barb Craft said...

Beatriz... love your flowers!! I tried some this week (the center part) and loved the way they turned out!! I will be posting them on Friday!! Thanks for sharing all of your super creative ideas with us!! I always love your projects!!
Barb :)

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Beatriz, I just love this project. The flowers are so yummy and the paper so cheerful. I really like how you made step-by-step instructions for us to follow so we too can make beautiful bags with matching cards. Thank you!

Granny said...

Such a pretty gift bag with that beautiful paper. I like your flowers too. Thank you.

Becky Roper said...

Sheila I love it...

Jodie R said...

Beatriz, It is gorgeous! The flowers are so awesome. I can't wait to try this myself! I love the colors and all the little details just make the project beautiful!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

That turned out so adorable. I love that butterfly...

Audrey Frelx said...

This is so pretty!!! Who wouldn't just love to receive a gift dressed up in this with all the accessories!!!

Unknown said...

These are adorable!! I love the instructions for the ribbon flowers!

What a nice card and bag set!!!

217 Creations said...

WOW!!! look at that transformation!!! I love your ribbon flower tutorial! I will have to try that soon!!!!

Jenny said...

This is gorgeous Bea!!! LOVE IT!! :) :) :) :) :)

D said...

Gorgeous ribbon flowers! Thank you for the tutorial :))

Sandi Clarkson said...

Fabulous project! Love that paper. And I'm so excited about the ribbon flower. Have tried them in the past once but didn't do the layers, so that will be fun to try!

papillon digital design said...

Love the ribbon flower

Debbie said...

Wow Beatriz what a lovely project! Love the colors. The trim around the top of the bag is perfect and I love the added bows to the handle!

shari said...

Beatriz, I love those flowers, thanks so much for sharing how to make them. Awesome bag and card. Shari (cricutrookie)

cissi said...

Beatriz, what a great project!! Love the paper you used on the bag & for the card but I really love your ribbon flower. Thanks for sharing with us

Wendy aka Bling Queen said...

Very nice

Sue said...

What a great idea, I'll be making some of these, they would be great at Christmas as well!
Thanks for sharing.
Sue

Jill said...

These bags are fabulous! I left something over on my blog for you!

Unknown said...

Wow - what a brilliant make - I came over from the wonderful Cheryls blog - so glad I did... you're so talented.

Paula x x x

Snowmanlover said...

These are really darling!

Beebeebabs said...

This is really gorgeous

June said...

This is a really beautiful gift!!!! The tutorial was great!!! Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful talent!!