July 13, 2010

6 WINDOW CARDS IN JUST AN HOUR!

Doesn't this look like a lot of work? Well with a little planning they were all completed in just under an hour! I am trying so hard to get my card file back in shape that I am creating cards like crazy. With my work schedule I don't have the luxury of making something at the drop of a hat and I bet yours is the same to. When I have the time to create I need to be productive and produce results. So let me share with you what I did. Below is a copy of the three individual cards.
Don't you just love the brightness of Laugh often?
The Get Well Soon needed a pick me up so I added stickles on all the white dashes.
I love the colors here too.
The first thing I learned to do is cut 2 cards at a time of the same card. you are going to use a 12x12 sheet of paper in most instances so get your monies worth and stop wasting paper! Plus it is easy to assemble 2 identical cards at the same time. I just design and lay out for ease of color cutting.
See how everything just lines up perfectly, 1 cut two cards.
See, a perfect cut.
Lines up perfectly so I remove all the pieces and move to the next cut. I keep a template on my Gypsy for window cards so all I need to do was add my title and place them in order. It took only 15 minutes while watching TV with my handsome hubby to design all three cards. when I woke up in the morning I already knew which paper I wanted and went to work.
This is the get well soon design ready to go, again 1 cut 2 cards.
Lay the paper on your mat and cut your cards. Now while they are cutting you need to be scoring the 1st cut and getting your paper on the mat for the next cut.
Scoring is easy with the score pal. And for advise on this card so that you do not bend the front place the back of the card side up, draw the bottoms together making sure the bottom edge is lined up perfectly and gently close this card the first time then use your bone folder to tighten the crease. I share this because even though you scored this card it wants to fold at the weakest point which is at the top cut, so take it slow and it will work perfectly.
The second cut is perfect too! I'm almost afraid to continue as it is going so well!
The 3 set of cards is the Pretty Peas... I just love this card and the title. Pretty Peas on the front and you can hand write so many things on the inside like Get Well Soon, Meet Me For Lunch Next Week or Have The Best Birthday Ever and so on and so on!
Paper ready, soon as the machine is free go for the third cut.
I inked the 2 pea pods and the sentiments paper for the inside of this card and while it was drying I put my supplies away.
Then I packaged up all the little pieces and had a huge card kit to do at work during my lunch. I figured this would keep me busy for the week... WRONG!
Look how easy this goes together just a little Zip Dry Glue and time.
Piece by piece I just kept on going. I used my Glue Glider Pro to glue down the sentiment sheets on the inside of the cards.
Isn't the paper beautiful on this card?
Here is a quick peek of the inside.
With only 4 pieces to a card it goes together in no time at all.
I didn't like how plain the card looked so I quickly added the stickles and that took 5 minutes for both cards. I had asked Pam for advise on this but before she got to me I stickled it. Pam would have me to ink the edges and you know I think her way would have been a lot prettier. Next time as mine is wet now.
You have to love this black and white/ green patterned paper from Kand Company it is 2 sided and just awesome. The pink and red multi color and the greed solid colored stock is Stampin Up from my friend Barb at Snowman Lovers Paperie. The green glittery paper is DCWV the Songbird Stack.
Here they are and in just 15 minutes and that is with taking photos! Mind you they are standing and drying but they are done.
 
Here is another shot of all six cards. I hope you enjoyed today's project. I sure had fun with this one as I challenged myself to finish as fast as possible and I am thrilled with 6 cards in an hour! Fifteen to design, thirty to cut and another 15 to put together!
Now to get you started with your own card stash this is my Get Well Soon Gypsy File or Get Well Soon DS File; Laugh Often Gypsy File or Laugh Often DS File and finally my favorite Pretty Peas Gypsy File or Pretty Peas DS File. All you need to do is pick your papers, download, cut and put together. Have Fun! 
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
I am always encouraged by your sweet - sweet words. Your comments inspire me to keep scrapping and sharing things with you!
signature

25 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow!! Quick and cute! Love your tips about cutting out two at a time and scoring Sassy!!

Celeste B. said...

Such a great job! I love all of them! TFS!!!!!!!

Pam said...

Cute and easy cards! Thanks for the tip and for sharing-I love them!

greenchick said...

Those are so cute thanks 4 sharing and the files too.

VeronicaA said...

What nice cards and I love the sentiments. You are so very talented. I appreciate your great ideas. Thanks so much for sharing.
Veronica

Milamemories (M&M) said...

What a cute idea. This looks super easy, thanks for the inspiration.

217 Creations said...

sassy you rock!

Barb Craft said...

Sheila.. you are soooo amazing!! I don't know how you do all these creative cards... and so quickly!! They look like you spent hours on them!! Thanks for sharing them with us!!
Barb :)

Anonymous said...

These are wonderful. I still think it would take me a few days.
I have a couple of blog awards for you if you will stop by and get them.
Cricutmimi

Beebeebabs said...

These are so cute Sheila thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [13 Jul 12:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Sandy from Ukiah said...

WOW, those are just beautiful...

Denine said...

So cute! I love the colors on all of them. great job on the stickles. TFS

Cheryl Boglioli said...

Sheila, you are AMAZING!!! This is such a great idea. I am so going to try this.

CuddlyBunny said...

Sheila! These are completely AWESOME! The idea alone is clever, then the colors and added bits like Stickles ... WOW!

Thanks for sharing this outstanding idea!

p.s. if I was forced to have only one Cricut phrase, it would be LAUGH OFTEN! LOVE that one!

CuddlyBunny said...

OK ... I just had to make My Guy stop by the craft room to get a look at these clever cards!

SO cool!

amylynne said...

Very nice cards! Love the window idea!

Jodie R said...

Beautiful cards, Sheila!! Thanks for the tips, too!

Michele said...

OK, that is WAY inspiring!!! Sometimes I get a little too complicated in my card designing and I would much rather whip out some cards quick! Love these! I need to try some!

sucor said...

These are great! Thanks for sharing!

Granny said...

I like the pretty peas too. How cute is that? TFS.

June said...

Love these cards!!! I love to make window cards also. I really like all of the black and white papers for the card base. Thanks for the inspiration!!!

Audrey Frelx said...

Hi, Sheila!!! Really cute window cards!

Glad to be back and I missed you! I've got a lot of catching up to do, so I'll be back and forth checking out all that's been going on with you over the last week and a half!

Hugs!

TXPJ said...

Love these cards!!

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Great cards! Love the inking!