October 15, 2010

Pink Attitude!

Hi Everyone! This is Elizabeth from 217 Creations. I love coming to play at Sassy's! I am slowly getting used to my Imagine. I am hoping this weekend to have some more ideas and techniques to share, as I gain more confidence and get more time to play. 
I made this A2 using JT.  I love this cartridge.  It does have a more masculine, grunge flair to it but as you can see it can made to be punk girlie too!
In the settings menu I changed my border to 0.0.  Each time you turn off the Imagine, it will revert back to default border size and color.  Before I begin any project, I adjust my border preferences.
"Attitude" was cut and printed at 1.9 inches.  This cut originally had orange for the font color.  I changed this to a custom RGB code of:
R-255
G-211
B-221
I also used this code for the flourish.  The flourish was cut and printed at 2.5 inches.
 The folder was print cut at 4.0 inches. The default on this folder was a blue tone.  I changed it to one of the printed backgrounds on the JT cartridge that is a zebra print.
All the cuts were inked with Distress Ink Worn Lipstick.
Next I embossed an A2 card with my Cuttlebug folder on black Core'dinations paper.  I then took an sanding block and danded away the top layer to reveal the embossing.  I also sanded the edges.
Next I assembled my card, using pop dots to raise the "attitude" off the page.
 I really wanted this card to have a punk feel to it, so I used a strip of leathered eyelet ribbon that I had bought a long time ago for an outfit for work (Yes! At my job we get to wear crazy clothes!).  
Using Terrifically Tacky Tape, I placed the ribbon flush with the edge.  My final touch to the card was some metal embellishments that I bought in the fabric section at Walmart.  
I used my i Rock to glue them to the card.
I really love how the card turned out!  As always I appreciate comments, followers, and subscribers at both here at Sassy's and at my personal blog 217 Creations!

9 comments:

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Oh i love this - it totally has attitude!! One question - what cart are you referring too? TJ? Sorry, can't think of it! Beautiful, thanks for sharing!
Melissa

217 Creations said...

@Melissa- JT is one of the new Imagine cartridges. It is really amazing! I hope PC makes more cartridges with this feel for boys and trendy teens!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What an awesome card!!! I love it and you ladies are right, this card has some serious attitude!!! TFS your talent with us today and letting us see that Imagine strut its stuff!

jen said...

What a fun card!! I love the animal print...my fave. You really make some great creations. Thanks for sharing.
hugs,jen

Audrey Frelx said...

Love it! Love it! Love it!!! Almost makes me want the Imagine!

Bamabel said...

Awesome! I love how fun and funky this one is! And the zebra print..wonderful!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

How awesome is this. Love the zebra print, you did a FABULOUS job on this.

Kel said...

That is a great card. I love the pink and the zebra.. fantastiKKK!

papillon digital design said...

Grr.. Would have liked it if you had not used Imagine :). But will forgive you since the work is pretty. Just will not look at the words..
Hmm. Maybe my Imagine has that problem - Attitude lol