June 24, 2011

A Quick Tip

Hi all,

I thought I'd share a quick tip with you all. Today I'm making bookmarks with the children at the school I work at. Normally I would use my Gypsy and Expression to cut some bookmarks out, but I thought they may take a little time, sizing and making sure I had enough white 12 x12 card. I had my Tim Holtz tag die and thought this would make a great bookmark.

Over here in the U.K we size our card / paper by calling it A1, A2, A3 and so on. The larger the number the smaller the piece of paper. I used A4 card (11 6/8 inches by 8 5/16 inches). I know I can get three tags out of one piece of card. But instead of cutting the card down so I cut one at a time. I folded it so I could cut three out at the same time. I scored the card at 3 1/2 inches, 7 inches and 10 1/2 inches. I then did a concentina fold. I then placed it on the die and cut through all three layers.

As it's a die designed to cut chipboard I thought it would be able to do this.
I hope this tip is useful to you. Sorry I haven't posted a project but I will be next time. I'm in the process of making something and I didn't get it finished in time for this post. I don't know where the time has gone.
Thanks Sheila for having me today.

Kelly x

6 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Thanks for the tip Kelly..

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Thanks for the tip Kelly.

Java Jen's Creations said...

Thank you!!

Unknown said...

I love time-saving tips...thanks!!

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [25 Jun 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [26 Jun 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria