August 1, 2011

Parking (Shape Card)





Hi Lori here from ScrappinMyStressAway with a fun little card.  Sheila has inspired me so much with card making this past year so I saved this shape card for her blog today.





I started with my Gypsy (of course) and put the couple at the table from Sweethearts on my mat.  I found this car from Graphically Speaking.  I put the car and the shadow on my mat at 5.35w x 2.83h.  I sized the couple to 3.38w x 3.43h by placing them over the car knowing I just needed their heads.

I ungrouped the car and shadow and made a copy of the shadow.  I flipped one of the shadow cuts and lined it up on top of the other to create my card.  I welded them together.



I added my paper to the mat and cut out my images.




I cut the heads of the couple (kind of morbid now that I think about it!!) and taped them to the back of the car.




I used my 5" Xyron to adhere the car to the front of the card.  I put Icicle stickles on the headlights



I made the grill out of silver stickles ~ kind of looks like teeth.  I personalized the license plate with "I (heart) U."



Thanks for stopping by and Thanks to Sheila for having me over to play!!

15 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a great little card. I don't have this cart and it looks like so much fun and I may HAVE to get. Thanks for sharing with us today.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

I just read the copy again and I have graphically speaking and never noticed that car before! too cute.

CathyinMN said...

Very cute card! Thanks for sharing!

SiskiyouSue said...

This is so cute! Love how you added the people, really makes it zing!

just by lee said...

I love that you thought to add people to the car!! Did you know that you could dropped them down to the bottom of the gypsy window and then only the heads would have cut?? I love that technique! thanks for sharing and for the inspiration...

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

What a great way to add people to the card. Love it! You always give the best tutorials and pictures. Thanks for a great idea.

Angi Barrs said...

EEEK...this is sooo super cute. :)

SherriC. said...

this is sooo cute!!!!
TFS!!!!!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

How cute. I have graphically speaking and have never noticed this car either... so adorable.

Audrey Frelx said...

OMG, Lori!!! This is just too stinkin' cute!!!

Like everyone else, I have Graphically Speaking cart too; I've had it a long while and I've never even opened the box. Gonna have a look at it now for sure!

Java Jen's Creations said...

Love this adorable card!! So cute!! I love discovering new images on carts that I didn't know were there!

Barb Craft said...

Lori... this card is adorable!! I love how you placed the people inside! Too clever!

barb :)

Charlotte said...

This is just great! I especially love the way you used the heads of the Sweetheart couple in the car. The grill and headlights are great too.
Charlotte

grammy deed said...

Hope you can help me find her. I love Cindy Mc Vey from Crazy for Crafting. I keep checking her blog and there is nothing new since last Halloween. Has something happened to her? I hope not she is so talented. Did she change her blog or did she just give it up cold turkey?? Please let me know at guy1065ataoldotcom Thanks,
Grammy J

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Good afternoon. I too had worried about Cindy and sent her an email about 3 months ago. She did write back that she was ok just extremely busy with her job. I expect we will see her back when the summer season is over. I am publishing so she knows you care.