September 27, 2011

Beautiful And Easy Christmas Cards

I just love this vintage Christmas card and it was so easy to make you will love it! In one hour I made six beautiful cards that are ready for me to stamp the perfect sentiment in.

The first thing I did was went to Google images and did a search on vintage Christmas. I picked out an image I liked and printed it on card stock.

Then I cut out the image.

Cut out my card base making a standard A2 size card from craft paper that I purchased from Joann's.

I got out my distress ink and went to work.

I inked around all the edges of the artwork giving it a worn look.

 And I even inked the craft paper base so it would blend well.

 I then used the twine from My Craft Spot, it went just perfectly with the papers and gave the card a more finished look at the image did not go edge to edge in the width. This was the perfect solution.
This is the completed card and I just love it!


And look at this in only one hour I have six beautiful cards. The best part is I made them on my lunch hour at work! I was figuring I need to give up about eighteen lunches before Christmas and I will have all my cards made... two more and I can have them addressed too!
I hope you enjoyed today's post and it gave you an idea for a card that you too can make in no time at all.
Thank you for your sweet sweet words of encouragement. Your comments continue to inspire me to keep sharing with you.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful image Sheila, the cards turned out wonderfully well
I need to go Google search for myself now :)
Thank you for your tip and instructions
Hugs
Adele

Cricut Couple said...

Incredible Sheila! I love the vintage stuff. I need to use it a lot more!

Bunnyfreak said...

What a great way to get your Christmas cards finished.

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

Ah, you put me to shame ;)- haven't even started on my Christmas cards yet! Thanks for the tip on googling vintage images - definitely saves time. And I'm glad how you made it your own. Thanks for sharing, Sheila!

;)Melody

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Wow - beautiful and simple! Love the vintage images too!
Hugs,
M

Lisa said...

What a beautiful image you chose, great idea.

Snowmanlover said...

Love Vintage!!

Java Jen's Creations said...

Absolutely beautiful cards!! What a great idea for a quick card!! I love the image you chose and the way you dressed it up is just perfect!!

Dixieglitzie said...

You can't even begin to imagine just HOW MUCH YOU HAVE HELPED ME!!! I have been literally STRESSING over how am I going to get my cards done in time...my husband is about to have surgery on his shoulder then I will be going in for hip replacement, so I am going to be quite "busy". Thank you Sheila for this wonderful idea. I love the image you chose. Just looking at it made me want to go grab my stickles and get busy :)
One last thing...I just want to say THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for all of the helpful info that you pass along to us. I have learned so much and am enjoying my gypsy soooooo much more because of you. I hope you can "feel the love" because I am being so very sincere.
Have a Happy Day!

Bamabel said...

Wow! Amazing!

Audrey Frelx said...

Beautiful, beautiful card!!! I love using Google for finding images too!!!