September 29, 2011

Sassy Witch Project...

Hey Ya'll,
Well, today is another Sassy Dude Project from Cricut Couple.  Sheila let me have an extra spot this month.  Now, over on our blog on the 22nd, we had some blog candy which is the adorable Wicked stamp set.  So... I figured I would use it here and show you how I made up my papers for this card.
So, to make this card, I used Happy Hauntings and Close To My Heart's Art Philosophy cartridge.  This is actually very simple to do.  I simply stretched the frame cut from Happy Hauntings so that it would fit on this card.  The card is 8 1/2" by 5 1/2".  Below are how the cuts look on the mat.  For this design, you will want to leave the paper on the mat for a bit.
 I simply used black and white card stock for this design.  It's probably not easy to see in the picture, but the black has the oval opening cut out and the white is the base layer.  The skulls for the corners are also on the bottom of the white side.
 For the black side, I used a metallic copper ink and a craft sponge.  I simply tapped the craft sponge on the in and then tapped it over the black frame until I was happy with it.  The same applies to the white frame.  I used a dark yellow, rust and lime green ink... tapping one color at a time until I was happy with it.  I then tapped black over the skulls.  For the next picture, you will probably have to blow it up to see the detail.  I do a lot of painting and I wanted to have this spider web in the background.
To create the spider web, I just took a very thin liner brush, dipped it in water to moisten it and then ran it across a black ink pad.  Then I just free handed the webs and the little spider.  You could do this with your markers if you are more comfortable, but I am more comfortable with a brush.
 I then used the sort of honeycomb stamp that came with the set and stamped the top right and bottom left corners.  I then used Cocoa ink on the witch.  When the witch is dry, I then took a black fine tipped marker and detailed a couple of extra places on the witch. You should be able to see that detail if you blow up the picture too.  I then used black ink on all edges of the white frame.
 When everything was dry, I put it all together.  I didn't think about the top layer oval, so when I put it together, I lost my little spider that I painted, but oh well.  Hee! Hee!  The Wicked Halloween is also from this adorable stamp set, inked in Cocoa after it was tapped with ink like the main background.  This is a tag shape from the CTMH cartridge.  I used 3D adhesive to stand up the layers and the skulls.
 I cut my background mats at 8 1/4" x 5 1/4".  I added the purple in the center.  It was cut 3" x 8".  I also stamped this cat (don't like cats) on a scrap white piece of card stock and cut my sentiment mat.  I used a rounded corner punch on the corners and inked everything in cocoa ink.  I really think this witch is pretty sassy, so it had to be used for this extra design day.  Besides, it's the Giveaway plus the font set!
Ok... So before I go, I would like to invite you back tomorrow as our new friend Shakey will be premiering her first guest design spot, right here, on She's a Sassy Lady!  If you want, you can go ahead and visit Shakey's Blog at The Crafty Pink Butterfly!  Thanks so much for visiting today.  We would love to know what you think of the card today and would really love it if you stopped by our blog for a visit at Cricut Couple!

15 comments:

Craft Me This said...

Wow this is great. I appreciate the work.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Such a beautiful card! I love the detail and the inking on this card is just fantastic. What an awesome use of the Wicked Stamps....
tee hee, this witch looks a little Sassy!
Thanks for the great tutorial.

Unknown said...

Amazing detail Bobby :)
Your card is adorable and I just love everything about it !!
I have this set and just adore the AP cart.
Hugs
Adele

liz at liz's paper loft said...

this is totally cool!

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Wow love the inking - it's gorgeous and the tag is fabulous too - look at those skulls - every time I look I see more gorgeousness!
hugs,
M

Candy said...

OMGosh this card is AMAZING!! Most Halloween cards I've seen are really cutsie(not a bad thing) but this is a real grown up card. I love it. You did a fabulous job. Thanks for the tutorial as well. Awesome!
Candy
candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com

Audrey Frelx said...

Bobby, my friend, you're just too awesome!!!

Jennifer said...

What a wonderful card. Love the stamping and inking. Great detail TFS

Dan and Heather said...

Cute card. I like the detail in this. I have to get this stamp set it is so awesome!

Java Jen's Creations said...

While we don't observe this day, I do appreciate the great techniques that you used to make this card! The detail in your creations is always stunning! Thanks for sharing!!

Lisa said...

What an awesome card, love all the details and the witch is very Sassy. ;)

Stacy said...

What a great technique, I love this. Thanks for sharing a great card and idea with us
Hugs, Stacy

Mylene said...

Where is the stamp set from? I love this card.

Mylene
mylenew at gmail dot com

Unknown said...

I love all the ink you used on this fabulously wicked card!!! I was amazed that you started with white paper!!! LOVE it!

Simply Sassy Scrapper said...

Wow beautiful card!!