October 3, 2011

Halloween Pencil Toppers




Hi ~ Lori here from ScrappinMyStressAway with some fun Halloween pencils.  I have to start out by saying that I LOVE Halloween!!  Everything about it: decorations, candy corn, parties, costumes, decorations, party games, did I mention decorations???? 

I made these pencil toppers for my son's kindergarten classmates.


I started out with these Halloween pencils that I found at Michaels.
I welded two banners together from Birthday Bash.  This was my first set of banners.
I cut them out of black cardstock.
They were GINORMOUS!!!  I made them smaller.  I took two banners at 2.46 width x 3.00 height each, flipped one and welded them together.  I re-cut them out and they fit the pencil much better!
I used my ATG gun to adhere the banner around the pencil.
I took this page from my K&Co. Halloween paper pad (from Michaels).  It is 2-sided paper which gives me more options.
I cut out this starburst shape from Birthday Bash at 2.32 width x 1.94 height.
I cut them out and realized they were a little small.  I took another piece of paper from the pad and cut out some bigger starburst pieces at 2.25 inches so I could layer them.
I added some fun pieces from K&Co. on top of the starbursts.
I pop-dotted the pumpkin on top of the starbursts.
Here is a side view.
I added a little twine and some stickles to complete the banners.
Isn't this bat cute?  I  also cut out the same starburst in yellow and adhered it to the back with "from Tanner" on it.
Here are a few of the completed pencils.  I had so much fun with these!  Best of all, they won't cause cavities!!

I hope you have as much fun getting ready for Halloween as I do!!!  Thank you Sheila for having me over to "trick or treat" today!!

15 comments:

jessica said...

These are so awesome!
TFS

Stacy said...

These are super cute, I am sure the kids will love them. I also love Halloween, especially the candy corn
Great job and thanks for sharing
Hugs, Stacy

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Lori what a great treat for the children! Love all the detail that you put into each one! Thanks for sharing this great idea and tutorial with us today.

Unknown said...

How fun !!! What a great treat to give instead of sweeties :)
Loved your detailed tutorial, thank you for sharing
Hugs
Adele

Cricut Couple said...

This is such a cool project! Fantastic tutorial!!!

Java Jen's Creations said...

Cute, cute, cute!!

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Oh my gosh - so adorable! My daughter would love these!!! Ok who am I kidding I would love these too! TFS!
hugs,
M

Lisa said...

What a cute project, love the banners.

Bunnyfreak said...

Going to have to try the pencil topper idea.

Unknown said...

SUPER cute idea!!!!

Audrey Frelx said...

Lori, these are so cute!

tilly said...

what fab pencils, bet they went down a storm
Tilly

Bamabel said...

Now those are too cute! Love them!

Snowmanlover said...

Oh these are so cute!

Sue said...

These rock! I love to give pencils and not candy, so I know what I'm doing for treat day at school. TFS>
Sue