January 6, 2012

Happy New Year card

Hello Everyone,
This is Pam from Papillondigitaldesigns & TheBugBytes. I am the sassy designer for the day at She's a Sassylady. Thank you Sheila for having me share on your blog.
I want to wish you all first a Happy New Year.
I have been crafting a  bit lately - yeah! I have been busy making flowers and embellishments and scanning to digitize my photos. But for today I will just share a card with you since it's just 6 days past new year.
I used the silhouette for this project with some of their lovely echo park patterns. But the main image the sand clock is an svg file I created and is available at papillondigital designs.
Here is the card



( Just had to slip in the flowers didn't I ?;) )

Funny how the hand (tim holtz brad mounted on button)- shows about an hour before 12:00 :) . It was on time lol but now guess it should point the other way.

And the inside of the card



A peek at the silhouette file



It is so simple except for a bit of cutting with the knife on the clock you can cut out everything with a scissor. In fact as my mat was not tacky enough and the file was broken up to 2 pages and more that's what I ended up doing!
The inside of the paper was white and I wanted some color so I used dewdrops ink and smushed it on the paper using the dabbers (I love the finger dabbers). Then I had some brown ribbon with snowflakes on then which I think I got from archivers. I glued it on using fabri tac.
Added glossy accents to the sand clock to get that glassy/stickery effect.



You may note that the svg file looks a bit different as you can cut layers in that. In this I just used the advanced fill option in silhouette studio to get a transparent effect while printed. I used the dimensional glue dots for layering. With that you don't need pop dots/foam dots.
The view of the button with a Tim Holtz clock hand brad stuck in it.



So that's my new year card. Thank you for reading.
And Wishing you all a Happy New Year once again



post signature

13 comments:

Lisa said...

Very pretty card Pam. Love the sand clock and the flowers are beautiful.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Happy New Year to you my friend! This is such a beautiful card.... and wow all those steps for inking and laying adds up to a beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us today!

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Very beautiful card. I love all the details and the sand hour class is awesome. Amazing card inside and out.

Audrey Frelx said...

Great card, Pam!!! I like the clock pointing to 12:00!

Audrey Frelx said...

Great card, Pam!!! I like the clock pointing to 12:00!

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Fun card Pam - I love the gold glitter in the hour glass - fabulous colors for a New Year too!!
Gorgeous
Hugs,
M

- - Sheryl - - said...

this is fabulous - love the time - sand turner

Brenda said...

loveee the hour glass and spinner!!!
thanks for stopping by my blog Shelia ...did you have to wade thru all the dust bunnies...lol... I will be posting more this year...last year was a rough one for me...
hugs
Brenda

Cricut Couple said...

Wow! What a fun card! Love all of the individual details and they go together perfectly!

Java Jen's Creations said...

Amazing card!!! Such wonderful, beautiful detail!!

Sherrie K. said...

Your card is awesome. I love the sand clock! Very creative card. Love your details:)TFS!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

papillon digital design said...

Thank you all so much for your sweet comments.
Hugs
Pam

Angi Barrs said...

So fun for New Years!