January 9, 2012

My heart belongs to you.

Hello my crafty friends! This is Kimberly from My Craft Spot and I have a vintage style card for you today!


The patterned cardstock is from My Minds Eye - Lost & Found.  I absolutely love these 6x6 paper pads!  The sentiment is from my new Always & Forever stamp set.  The birdcage and layers were cut at 5.19 inches from the Sophie cartridge.  I wanted two birds so I used my Gypsy to flip and weld a second bird to the top of the cage.


I covered the red birdcage with glossy accents and then cut tiny pieces of dimensional adhesives to pop it off the card a bit.  

Helpful Hint:  When cutting intricate shapes from thick cardstock, I like to set my machine to cut 2 times and reduce the speed to 3.  I set the pressure at 5 and the blade depth at 6.  It also helps to have a newer blade.  This helps reduce tearing and gives you a clean cut. 


I love to add a light coat of glitter that doesn't overwhelm the diecut!  So,  for the birds, I first inked the edges with a brown ink and used my black pen to make eyes, then used a sponge to brush a light coat of glossy accents over each bird.  I lightly sprinkled the glitter on and tapped off any excess.


I used crackle accents on the heart and the button.  Then tied the tag and button on with a bit of twine and added some Aqua Mist crinkle ribbonI inked everything with Walnut distress ink. 


Come join the fun at My Craft Spot!

14 comments:

Amy said...

This is beautiful--so elegant!

Bunnyfreak said...

Love how you did the birds. The glossy accents was just the right touch on the cage.

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Kimberly - you are a genius girl! This is gorgeous!! Love the red birdcage and the crackle accents..your inking is really a perfect touch too - love the rich vintage feel!!!
Hugs,
M

Barb Smith said...

Love it! The glossy accents really enhance the look of the birdcage. Good job.

Barb from Toronto, Canada

Audrey Frelx said...

Kimberly, what a beautiful card. Love the ink and glossy accents effect! Thanks so much for sharing!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Kimberly this is GORGEOUS! I love the effect the glossy accents made on the bird cage as well as in the heart on the sentiment. Stunning, just stunning. Thanks for sharing with us today!

Constance said...

Love this card. It is so pretty. Reminds me for the good ole days cards.

Sandy from Ukiah said...

What a sweet card

Candy said...

Fabulous card Kimberly! Love those little birds and the sentiment is great. I really like the inking you did.

cdm317 said...

Ooooh, I LOVE this card!

Cindy@ Scrap-obsessed.blogspot.com said...

Gorgeous card. Love the addition of the glossy accents. I always forget to use mine.

Cricut Couple said...

Stunning! Absolutely Stunning!!!

Jennifer said...

Kimberly,

How nice to see you over here!!!!!!! I cannot believe what a beautiful, clean cut you got with your Cricut!!! :) I have never come close! It's also amazing that you were able to pop the bird cage without any of the foam tape showing! You did an unbelievable job on your gorgeous creation!!!!!

Thanks for sharing!

Crafty hugs,

Jennifer
partridgelu at yahoo dot com

Carolyn/MamaC said...

What a wonderful card! Love the layers and detail. The birdcage is awesome!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com