January 16, 2012

Washi Tape Flower Tutorial

Hi ya everyone!  This is Melissa from Melissa Made.  Thanks Sheila for allowing me to share with everyone!
  Today I want to share with you how I made this simple Valentine's Day Card.  More specifically how I created these little flowers using Washi tape that I received from iCopic.  Washi tape is extrememly cheap and comes in a huge range of colors.  It can be used for a number of things but in this tutorial I show you how to make these small roses.
For those that don't like to watch videos you simply unroll over a foot or so of Washi tape and roll it and twist it long ways in your hands.  Use a pair of tweezers and start rolling around the tweezers to form the spiral shown on the card.  Once you are finished place a pearl in the center and then add a bit of glitter to make it sparkle.  I also used my Cuttlebug to create the leaves using Spellbinders Shapebilities.
The sentiment is from Sassy Lady's designer very own, Kimberly from My Craft Spot.  I hope enjoyed this simple tutorial.  I look forward to hearing your lovely comments!  For more fun projects stop by Melissa Made.

Melissa

12 comments:

Georgiana said...

Very pretty card. I just pulled out some doilies and my daughter laughed at me. Your card and the flowers are lovely! Can't wait to show her. : )

Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Angi Barrs said...

Wow this is gorgeous! Love the flowers & the doily!

Migdalia said...

What a Lovely card! Beautiful flowers! very Elegant.

Barb Smith said...

Interesting how you used one product to make something else. A little imagination goes a long way to creating something new. TFS.

Barb from Toronto, Canada

Audrey Frelx said...

Pretty flowers! Looks great on the doily!!!

Bunnyfreak said...

Very cool way to make flowers.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a beautiful card, and I love the flowers. They look so simple and yet so elegant... I will just have to get some washie tape for this. Thanks for showing us how to make this beautiful card, I really enjoyed your video.

Lisa said...

What a beautiful card, love the flowers and the doilies are so cute. Just might have to pick some up. Thanks for sharing the tutorial.

Kate said...

So pretty! The tutorial is great, I'm going to have to give this a try. Thanks!

Sherrie K. said...

What an AWESOME card!! Thanks for the great tutorial. I will be making these flowers....very cool:)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Beautiful card, Melissa! I love the flowers - thanks for the great tutorial!!

Kimberly

Cricut Couple said...

So Very Cool Melissa! I have never seen those flowers made before. What a great tutorial!