February 13, 2012

Make your own clear boxes and pillow boxes!

Hello, my crafty friends!  This is Kimberly (My Craft Spot) and I am so excited that it is my turn to share some fun projects with you!

Scroll down to the bottom for a video showing how I made these boxes!


I cut this box  and lid at at 6 inches from the Sweet Tooth Boxes cartridge and then inked the edges of the lid with brown ink from Studio G.  I tied Milk Chocolate crinkle ribbon around the box to hold the lid on.  The polka dot paper is from My Minds Eye.


The "I love you" stamp is from the Always & Forever stamp set.  I hand cut the tag and then tied the button on with Chocolate traditional bakers twine.


I have seen some of you emboss your clear acetate with cuttlebug embossing folders, so I thought I would give it a try.  I love how the embossing looks!

 

I cut the pillow box at 5.25 inches from the Wrap it Up cartridge. The red tape from Provo craft works best with the acetate.



The stamped sentiments are from the Build a Valentine and Always & Forever stamp sets.


I used my crop-a-dile to put eyelets in this hand cut tag, then threaded Posy Trendy Twine through and tied it around the pink polka dot sleeve.  The pink paper is from Pebbles.


Here is a video showing how to make these two treat boxes:



Come join the fun at My Craft Spot!  Weekly challenges with prizes and lots of fun projects and videos!

 Have a Happy Valentine's Day tomorrow!

13 comments:

Scrappin Rabbit Designs said...

Wow! Thanks for sharing this. Your treat and pillow boxes are great. Love the embossing on the acetate. I need to give it a try. -Tami

Angi Barrs said...

Fabulous idea! Love that the boxes are clear! :)

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

I just love your project today. I love working with accetate because the project always always is awesome! Love it. Thanks for sharing the great tutorial and joining us today.

Larelyn said...

Oh my, Kimberly, these are just so adorable! I must try the embossing and I love the eyelets in the tag then wrapped around the band. That's definitely on my "to try" list. Thanks for the great projects.
Hugs,
Larelyn
handmadefromtheheart-designsbylarelyn

Barb Smith said...

See-through is a neat twist to designs. Love it!

Barb from Toronto, Canada
http://barbsmithdesigns.blogspot.com

Jamiecrafts said...

i love it. super cute and thanks for the idea of embossing acetate, i hadn't seen that before now I'll have to give it a try :)

Unknown said...

Adorable! Love how you completed your box with the tag and ribbon and of course the polka dot lid...So Cute!

Audrey Frelx said...

I love these!!! So cute!

Java Jen's Creations said...

Absolutely adorable!!! You have inspired me to create something with acetate and emboss it!! I love how that looks!! Thanks for a great tutorial!!!

SherriC. said...

these are super cute!!!!!!
TFS!!!!!!

GabyCreates.com said...

Just adorable! Great embossing on acetate!

mfc.melissamade2 said...

OH my gosh ADORABLE!!! I love the clear so you can see the candy inside! Beautiful job and thanks for sharing a fabulous tutorial!
hugs,
Melissa

Cricut Couple said...

Adorable! Texturing the acrylic is just brilliant!!!