April 21, 2012

Christmas Gift Card Holder

Hi everyone! This is Chris from Get Inspired With ChatterScene posting my first post as an official Sassy Lady
Design Team member! Ty Sheila for having me on the team. It is such a privilege.


Today I wanted to share this Christmas Gift Card Holder. I seen this idea on you tube forever ago. Wish I could remember the link so I could share it with you all. I love giving them out and the recipients love them too!

First cut a double sided piece of 12 by 12 card stock 4 1/2 by 12 inches.

And score it at 4,6, and 8. 


Then cut a slot in the middle bend just large enough to slide a gift card into.


Sit card aside and glue the middle together.


Cut two pieces of coordinating card stock to fit inside the way you want it to. Stamp your sentiment. I used Crafty Sprouts -- Have a Cool Yule.



Next I used a SU punch and stamp. And applied some glitter.




Then finished up my bow and sentiment on front of gift card holder.


Thank you so much for looking:)

13 comments:

Georgiana said...

Great pictorial! So many options with gift card holders.

Georgiana
Carson's Creations

dragmama58 said...

Love it. Look forward to trying it.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a great gift holder. Love the colors and the glitter. Love that there is plenty of room to include a little note. Thanks for sharing today.

Sandi Clarkson said...

What a great idea. I have a slew of birthday cards to make in the next couple of weeks and this would be perfect for the gift cards!

Lisa said...

Welcome Chris :) What a gorgeous gift card holder. Love the paper and the ribbon.

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh yes, so many uses for gift cards. This is so awesome, love how there is room to put a sentiment inside

Joy Grubbs said...

hi i just found your blog and i thought you might be able to answer a question Google didn't give. I am thinking about buying a gypsy from someone that has 217 preloaded carts. they want $300 for it (is that a good deal?). i didn't know if i can hook the gypsy up to my cricut cake and cut all 217 carts. i don't think they actually own the physical carts though. thanks, Joy

Unknown said...

Great Gift Card Holder Card Chris, thanks for the wonderful tutorial too
Congratulations on your official first Sassy Lady DT spot :)
Hugs
Adele

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

They need to give you the carts with the sale and that is a deal I would jump on. Seriously a bad update can cause a problem where they have to reboot your gypsy it would take you to no carts! The ula agreement states that if you sell your gypsy the carts must go with it.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Sorry I am traveling and having a hard time doimg this from phone. Dont buy any used gypsy unless they give you the PHYSICAL carts with it.

Migdalia said...

Great Gift Card!Thanks for demonstrating the glitter part. I am going to try!!
http://craftingwithcreativem.blogspot.com

Jeannie said...

I am so impressed with this idea! And, the fact that you are so organized and getting ready for Christmas!

Audrey Frelx said...

Wonderful gift card holder!