June 11, 2012

Gift Box for Dad!

Hello, my crafty friends!  This is Kimberly -  My Craft Spot.  I made this fun shirt box from the Tags, Bags, Boxes & More 2 cartridge.  (Love this cartridge!!)  I thought it would be great for Father's Day!


I cut the shirt box (p. 44 - TBBM2) at 9 1/2 inches.  I love to use double sided patterned paper for gift boxes.  On this cut, the collar and pocket match the inside of the shirt.


This box opens from the top and has a shirt 'back' and 'front'.  The patterned paper is from Crate Paper and the green for the tie is Bazzill.  The little tag is cut from Kraft colored cardstock (Coredinations).  


I inked everything with brown ink from Studio G before assembling the box and layers.


The stamped sentiment is from my Tiny Tags Stamp Set.


I used dimensional adhesive to 'pop' the tie, pocket, and tag up a bit.


I used a piece of crochet string to attach the tag to the shirt. This little box was so easy and went together really fast!


I hope you are all having a great summer!  Come join the fun at My Craft Spot!

Sheila here I am adding a comment to Kimberly's wonderful post. I appologize but the file I shared on Saturday was not complete. After a few emails I checked, updated my Gypsy and the file is now PERFECT! If you are interested in the Scarecrow file go back to the Gyspy Made Simple and re-download the file and it will be fine. Again sorry for the interuption, but I know a little over 50 people downloaded this file. Guess the updates are more important than we thought.

Please leave some sweet sweet words for Kimberly as this project is just AWESOME!


15 comments:

Nicole said...

Wow Kimberly what a great idea! Very creative!!

Lisa said...

That is so awesome. Love the patterns.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Kimberly what an awesome little box and perfect for Father's Day. I love the detail and the inking that you did just adds so much dimension and life to it. Thanks for sharing with us today.

Sandy from Ukiah said...

What an adorable box, I need to get that cartridge out and try to make one.. Super cute..

Simply Sassy Scrapper said...

Love the little box! So perfect for Father's Day and love the distressing/inking you did...gives it that much more pizazz!! Great work, thank you for sharing!

Charlotte C said...

It's an adorable box, but Kimberly has the perfect touch for finishing something.

Unknown said...

Love your take on the shirt box Kimberly, I'm with you on the favourite cartridge I just love this one :)
TFS with us
Hugs
Adele

Java Jen's Creations said...

This is such an awesome box!!! I didn't even know that cut was on there!!! Thanks so much for the inspiration!!

Carolyn/MamaC said...

Wow! This is a marvelous project! You did a wonderful job putting this shirt box together! So creative!!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com
cccscraproom@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Love this box!!! Totally forgot that I have this cart!! Love that you used the white (back) side of your paper for the front of your shirt!!

Unknown said...

Love this box!!! Totally forgot that I have this cart!! Love that you used the white (back) side of your paper for the front of your shirt!!

Angi Barrs said...

EEEK...love this. So perfect for Dad!

Migdalia said...

Perfect Gift box!Awesome!

Nadia (WithGlitteringEyes.blogspot.com) said...

So fun and clever!! Love the muted colors and dark inking. Really cool project!!

Karons Krafty Korner said...

Such a fabulous box - brilliant project.