June 18, 2012

Sydney's Big Day


Well it was my Sydney's birthday last month so we had a little backyard birthday party for just the family and had a great time. She didn't want a birthday cake this year, saying she would prefer cupcakes, so that is what we had. The children amaze me how much fun they have in our backyard. The subdivision we live in is only 6 years old so there are no large trees or shade so they really have to use their imaginations. We had an above ground Intex pool last year but all that remains of that is the sand from last year!  The children wanted us to put the pool up be we are waiting for the association approval to put in a larger pool and that should arrive any time now. Then the sand will finally disappear. (We have installed our new pool since these photos were taken.) So we filled the little 6 inch kiddie wading pool and put that out there and the children had a great time. The great news is the sand remained there rather than all over my house!
 
Syd is at that age that all she wanted was clothes so of course that is what we all got her. She loved all her new goodies and we love watching her show them off.
I used my Close To My Heart site and put together these pages in less than 1/2 hour! It doesn't get easier than that and the quality... I mean just look at those photos. Don't you love it. It's like working with different sketches except you don't need to do any measuring or spend hours finding matching papers. With the Studio J program, you pick the paper packet you want, the layout, then the distribution of the paper and then all you need to do is drop in the photos. Easy peasy!

And look how nice these turned out. I love - love - love COMPLETED pages! There is just nothing nicer than that! I hope that you too get your pages done as each page is just filled with precious memories of the moments in your life.... the closest thing you can ever get to reliving those special times.
I hope you enjoyed my little project today. I know I sure enjoy having these pages completed, especially the same week as the event. Thank you for your sweet sweet words of encouragement. Your comments inspire me to continue sharing with you.

8 comments:

Charlotte C said...

You are really tempting me to get Studio J! I finally make the decision to use what I have to put pages together, and now you present this beautiful layout, so pretty and so easy. Here goes my mind challenge again!

Karon said...

Such a great idea and they are lovely photos:-) TFS

Unknown said...

Gorgeous paper!! Digi goes so quickly doesn't it ~ it feels good to get caught up!! Looks like everyone had a great time at the party!

Lisa said...

What beautiful layouts. Those cupcakes look yummy and Sydney got some very cute clothes.

Candy said...

Looks like a great time! Love the layouts!
Candy

Francine said...

Gorgeous layouts Sheila and your daughter is a beautiful young woman!

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

Beautiful, pages, Sheila! I am loving hybrid digi scrapping myself - finishes in less than what it normally takes me doing purely paper scrapping. I love the colors on your pages too - paper is beautiful!

Cricut Couple said...

These are gorgeous Sheila! I just love your digi pages!!!