October 11, 2012

It's Movie Night!


Happy Thursday, everyone! It's my turn to share with everyone here and over at CRICUT IS CLOSE TO MY HEART ! I enjoy the chance to share with so many people! Today I decided to use my new Artiste cartridge for my project! If you thought that Art Philosophy was amazing - just wait until you see Artiste! There is so much packed into this cartridge - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!! If you don't already have a CTMH consultant, feel free to click HERE to go to my website to order either or both of the CTMH cartridges or any of the other awesome products that we have! Ok, commercial over, here is my completed project:



Here are the Artiste Cricut cuts and dimensions:
from pg. 67 - MOVIE NIGHT - 1.94"H
from pg. 67 - ticket with stub 1" H
from pg. 67 - film strip - stretched and rotated with my Gypsy to 8.82"W x 3.12"H
from pg. 77 - card front (yellow paper) 6.41"H

Now for some close-ups and more detail:
I started with a shelf from a paper cart that I had that broke. I have about 12 of these that I can use for various projects! I covered the shelf with paper from October Afternoon's Thrift Shop collection.

Partially completed. I think I picked a kind of busy background paper but it really looks better in person! The two cream-colored tickets and the pointing hand are stickers from the Thrift Shop collection, as well.

close-up of the film strip and the tickets

close-up of the titles

Just tied some twine around the corners for some added dimension




I attached this journal box with a temporary adhesive because I plan on laminating it before I permanently attach it. (I was out of laminating pouches when I went to put this together.) :-) That will allow us to write in and erase whenever we have a movie night!
I think it looks pretty cool hanging on my wall! I'm all ready for our next movie night!

Thanks for stopping by today! Have a creatively wonderful day!

Java Jen



5 comments:

Lisa said...

That came out awesome. What a great idea.

SherriC. said...

What a cute idea
love it!!!

Karons Krafty Korner said...

What a great way to use something - that would otherwise end up in land fill. Great reuse and fab idea:-)

Unknown said...

Great upcycle craft!!! Love it!

Brenda said...

What a fabulous way to reuse and recycle! I love it!!!!