January 7, 2013

Good Times in 2013 Jar




Lori here from ScrappinMyStressAway.  I am excited to be back today at She's A Sassy Lady.  I was a day off and posted last Tuesday (because I thought it was the first Monday of the month).  Lucky for me, Sheila did not have anything else scheduled so we left it posted.

  I don't know about you, but 2012 was a rough year.  At the end of the year, I had a hard time remembering the good things that happened (and there were some great things) because the bad things seemed really bad.

My uncle passed away, my college-aged son had ACL surgery, my mother-in-law had rotator cuff surgery, my husband had kidney surgery, and I broke my right wrist were the big things.

Please - I don't need sympathy - that is not the point.  The point is I want to remember the GOOD things that happen at the end of each year instead of dwelling on the bad things.

I saw one of these jars on facebook and had to create one for 2013!


I took a Mason Jar that was left over from my cousin's wedding (good thing in 2012) that I got to co-host the shower and make decorations (great thing in 2012).

I wrapped some butterfly scrapbook paper around the jar.  I cut the paper to 2 x 12 inches.  I tied some white crinkle ribbon around the top and added some butterfly charms and a charm that says "inspire" because I was inspired to focus on the positive.

I used my Sizzix butterfly emboss and cut die that I got from Stampin' Up to cut out a page from an old book.


I used this image from Lacy Labels sized to 2.65 inches.  I cut it out of purple cardstock.



I inked one of the butterflies green and used a mini glue dot to adhere it to my label shape.



I used Hello Kitty Font sized to .65 inches (.53 inches for "in") for my title.  I cut them out of black cardstock.  My cricut was being naughty and did not cut out all of my letters, so I ditched the letters and kept the numbers.



I wrote "Good Times in" and added a purple gem to the butterfly.



Every time something good happens in 2013, I am going to write it down on a slip of paper and put it in the jar.  On New Year's Eve this year, I am going to read them all!!!

I am really trying to focus on the positive in 2013 and my One Word is SMILE.  When I smile, everything seems better :)

I hope you have a wonderful 2013!!!  I plan on it!!

6 comments:

Created by Kathi said...

Lori.... what a great idea! Thanks for sharing it as we can always remember the negative more than the positive... this way we can focus more on filling the jar through the year and enjoying it's contents on new years! Kathi

Dawn, RI said...

What a lovely idea. I myself needs to think positive and smile more.
DawnRI

Charlotte C said...

I am running to dig out the mason jar. My first "good happens" will be my grandson and I finally recuperating from illnesses and being able to go see Monsters Inc 3D. Next is my granddaughter's 15th birthday, followed by my husband and I leaving on the 11th for a week vacation with friends in Las Vegas. I'm feeling better already!

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

What a wonderful idea! I am going to scraplift this. With an always busy year it's hard sometimes to just sit down and remember the good times that happen in our lives. Here's to a great year your way!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Lori what a wonderful wonderful idea! Love it! Thanks for sharing this with us today!

Java Jen's Creations said...

This is a fantastic idea!! Praying that your 2013 is filled with so many good things that your jar overflows!