February 8, 2013

Scalloped Birthday Card

Hello, this is Danita from http://danitasdesigns.blogspot.com/. My project this month is was inspired by a technique I learned at the Stamp Show this past weekend in Atlanta. I don't stamp, so this was a real challenge for me.  I told myself I was going to the Stamp Show (first time ever) to try to get ideas and learn different stamping techniques. I didn't have enough time to go to each vendor to learn the different stamping methods, but I will share with you what I did learn. This is stamping and coloring on Vellum. On this card, I did the flowers.

 I took this picture outside so you can really see the Vellum and embossing.
  
Here's the step by step instructions for this card (click on the picture for larger view)

First, the flowers:
 

 The card: ( Cardstock is from DCWV "The Green Tea Stack".)



 
 
 
I'm still trying to learn this method and hopefully by the next time I post for the Design Team, I will have mastered it!  Thank you for looking.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness, Danita! What a beautiful card! Thank you so much for the detailed instructions for creating the card.
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

Charlotte C said...

Beautiful job on this card and your velum flowers are stunning. Did you color from behind the image?

Dr Sonia S V said...

Sheila it is so beautiful

Dk said...

Thank you ladies. Lisa, no, I colored on top of the Vellum on this one. They did show us how to color on the back , but I have not done that yet.

Karon said...

Fabulous card - wow!!! Love it and thanks for the tutorial!

CathyinMN said...

Very pretty card. Love the paper and embellishments you used.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a beautiful card. I love the detail and your choice of papers. Thanks for the great tutorial too! Thanks for sharing with us today.