April 16, 2013

Colour on Colour Emboss Resist.

Hi everyone, its Karon from Karon's Krafty Korner.  How is everyone doing so far this month?  They seem to be going so quickly. Thanks Sheila for letting me come over once again.

My card this month is using a new technique to me, it is called Colour on Colour Emboss resist.  Here is my card and then I will show you how I did the background.


Firstly, I chose 4 complimentary inks and just randomly blended them on a piece of white card.  The colours I used were Close to My Heart - Clover Meadow, Sorbet, Cranberry and Heavenly Blue.


Let the ink dry a little and then run over it with an antistatic pad.  This will help get rid of any bits so that you can get a better result with your embossing.


Now you have to use a clear embossing ink.  The difficult part of this is actually seeing what you have stamped, so try and work your way methodically, yet randomly, across your paper.  Choose a stamp, that suits the theme of your card.


Once you have stamped your image over your paper, dust you images with clear embossing powder.  Then  using your heat gun, go over all your images, they will start to pop as the embossing powder melts.  Make sure you do all your images. You can just make them out below.


Next, you need to take a complimentary ink colour, but darker than the others, I used another CTMH ink pad colour - Lagoon.  Using your blending tool, go all over you image lightly with this darker colour, suddenly your butterflies will really start to show.


Finally, just get a tissue and buff up all of the images, thus removing any excess ink off the embossed images.


There you have it, a lovely background for your card.


I found this technique on Gina K Stamps and she has a great video here!


I hope you have enjoyed this new to me technique and that perhaps you will give it a go. Have fun :-)

Thanks for stopping by here at She's A Sassy Lady.

Happy crafting.

9 comments:

Charlotte C said...

Beautiful card. I've seen the same effect done a different way and I was thinking of showing that at some point. But your card is stunning.

Lisa said...

This is stunning, Karon!! The background looks amazing!! The colors and design are fabulous!! Thanks for the inspiration :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Karon, I love the way this turned out and must give this technique a try. Thank you for the great tutorial- it is something we can all do. Thanks for sharing today!

Anonymous said...

I love your card. Thanks so much for sharing the technique. I am going to try this.

Audrey Frelx said...

Karen, your card looks amazing!!! I love the resist technique and the embossed butterflies look great against the muted colors! TFS!!!

Java Jen's Creations said...

Wow! What an awesome technique and an absolutely gorgeous card!! Can't wait to make one of my own!

Karon said...

Thanks everyone - hope you all give it a go :-)

D- said...

Hey Karon wonderful technique.
Thanks for sharing!
Hugs
D-
http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Thank you for explaining this process to clearly and detailed! You make it look so easy! My favorite line is "methodically, yet randomly" because I understand it so well!! LOL!! Great job, Karon!