April 13, 2013

Gypsy Made Simple - Word Frames For Scrapbook Pages

Good morning! This is such a fun little project and it is great for all people that scrapbook! Thanks to Kathy who sent me this great little note I bring this project to you.

HI Sheila,
I love your gypsy work..it is unique.
I am trying to make a square narrow border and then add lettering/images, for my grandson high school scrapbook. He is graduating on June 9, 2013. Can you help? I love using my gypsy.
Thank you,
Kathy

Well this just happens to be one of my favorite things to do on my pages so I want to share it with you and Kathy. So grab your cup of coffee turn on your Gypsy and let's get to work.



Now can't you see yourself doing these for your pages too? As you can see it is not the easiest thing to do as you need to be careful with what you are touching on your screen and you will be fine. This can be used in so many ways....
Now see above how you can weld your letters together, or...
You can leave them separate and they still look great. I just used some scrap paper to put this together for you so you can see the contrast between the frame and the letters. It really makes an awesome page.
And of course you can make artwork a part of your base frame too. Virtually anything is possible but remember you must start with a frame, any frame.
Thank you for joining us today at She's A Sassy Lady. I hope you enjoyed today's post. Be sure to get working on your projects and if there is something you would like to share with me and all our followers, just mail it to: Sheila McShea, 3005 Stonecreek Trace, Helena AL 35080.
Thank you for your sweet sweet words of encouragement. Your comments inspire me to continue sharing with you.
May God Bless You This Week.

15 comments:

SherriB said...

This turned out so nice, Sheila! I really like how it looks and will make a great scrapbook page.

BethAnn M said...

So cute! I think it has lots of applications, and perhaps, even work on a card? Love the ideas that you provide. Thank you. BethAnn M.

Brenda said...

I love doing "custom" die pages and the Gypsy is just perfect for doing that! Your page came out fabulous Sheila! I really need to get back to my layouts so I just might do that today after my chores are done! lol Thanks for all you do Sheila!

Audrey Frelx said...

Sheila, Kathy must feel like you're the sweetest person (that you are). The page looks wonderful, and you always do a great and detailed tutorial.

lindagk23 said...

Sheila this is so cute! And I think it would work good on cards too. I hav to give this a try. Thank you for sharing your talents with us. Lindagk23

Created by Kathi said...

I love your vids... love your sincerity and ability to help others... love your frame idea and I think I will use it on a mini album I am working on! Yay :) Thanks for inspiring us all ... Kathi

Karon said...

Fabulous Sheila - great use of the welding feature:-) TFS

ottersln said...

I just got in bed and decided to check your blog and after watching the video, I ran upstairs to get my Gypsy! I have two frames designed and hope to get them cut tomorrow! It will take me much longer to decide what papers to use than it did to design the two of them. I will email you pics when I get them cut and put together. Now for some zzzz's. g'night and God bless you!

kdgdi said...

LOVE your Gypsy tutorials!!! Keep them coming...Love how they relate to scrapbooking pages the BEST~~ Hugs, Diane :)

kdgdi said...

LOVE YOUR GYPSY MADE SIMPLE TUTORIALS! Keep them coming Sheila...especially love the ones related to scrapbooking!! Hugs, Diane :)

kdgdi said...

Love your Gypsy made simple tutorials...especially the scrapbooking ones. Please keep them coming! Hugs, Diane :)

kim said...

Shelia you have taught me so much just by watching your video's. I have grown to LOVE my gypsy. Thank you for taking the time to help us fall in love with the art of creating again.

Kim

Sarah said...

I love this frame and your tutorial made it so simple. Thanks for sharing your work.

Java Jen's Creations said...

Thanks for another awesome tutorial and project!! You are so very inspiring!!

Avra Williams said...

This is similar to something I want to do for my daughter's HS album! I have a page that I purchased for my son's album because at the time I only had a Create and couldn't cut 12x12 pages. I thought I would go ahead a purchase the same page for my daughter by the LSS where I got it doesn't have it any more. So now that I have an E2, I"m going to give it a try! Thank you for your patient and thorough explanations!