April 6, 2013

Gyspy Made Simple Word And Art Work Shape Card

 Don't you just love this card? This is a little gift for a beautiful lady named Lisa. I really think Lisa will receive her gift the day that this post hits as I already dropped it in the mail! I was one of those that ran a little thing on face book saying that if you are one of the first five people to comment I will send you a crafty item in the next year! Well this is what I made Lisa and I also sent her a wonderful Close To My Heart stamp set. I just love the papers on this and all the glitter. The paper is from K and Company.
 All you need to do is revamp the card that we made last week and crank it up a notch or two!.... Now go grab a cup of coffee and turn you Gypsy on and let's get to work. The video below will take you from design to completion and I just love it! I think I will have to make a set that says Sassy!



Now wasn't that easy? Remember the base of the card is only 4 inches high but with the addition of the letters it goes to 5.5 inches so it will fit perfectly in an A2 envelope.

This is all four of the cards together. I love the whole look of this card and all I did was pick a font that I like and a piece of art that I thought would compliment Lisa and it came together in no time at all.
These colors are just so yummy together and I just love the glitter paper, don't you? I get the paper at Joann's and it cuts like butter on my Expression.
Here is the inside of the card. I used a dauber and my Close To My Heart Lagoon Ink pad and inked around the edges and it really made the card look a lot nicer.... you know a finished look.
See how moving the I close to the L allowed for the dot to remain on the name. I love it!
The Forever Young cart is wonderful for girly cards and it is also easy to cut as they are silhouettes.
Well I hope you liked today's post.... I sure enjoyed making this card and spending time with you creating. It gets lonely in my craft room with out you! Thank you for your sweet sweet word of encouragement. Your comments continue to inspire me to share with you.
Have a blessed week!

13 comments:

Karon said...

Fabulous Sheila - Love them! TFS

Charlotte C said...

Lisa will love these - they're beautiful. I tried to find you on Facebook, but only got directed back here to your blog. How do we find you there?

BethAnn M said...

So pretty, Sheila! I am sure Lisa will be thrilled with your gift. Thank you for the ideas. BethAnn M.

Migdalia said...

Hi Sheila,
This is BEAUTIFUL!!It's personalized!!I followed your instructions on the howdy card but I will cut today (Sat) its my craft day.and I will post but I will let you know..I am Super Excited to see this GORGEOUS card!Love it! Have to try this!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

Migdalia said...

Oh!forgot to mention that I have that cardstock!!For some reason I was not seeing you on my dashboard but now I am back and I also grabbed your blinkie..
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

Ros said...

Very close up and detailed. love it. thanks

Grace Baxter said...

SO cute, Sheila! Very creative.

Grace Baxter said...

SO cute, Sheila! I appreciate your careful instructions on how to get this look.

SherriB said...

Sheila, you did such a beautiful job on these cards for Lisa! Love, love, love the glitter paper. :)

CJ said...

Thank you for sharing how you did this on the Gypsy. I will give it a try. I most appreciate that you still use your Gypsy and share with us. The card is beautiful and I'm sure will be treasured.
CJ

CJ said...

Thank you for sharing your Gypsy Made Name Card with us and how you created it. I most appreciate that you showed us how you created it on the Gypsy. Don't see that much anymore. The card is beautiful and I'm sure will be treasured.
CJ

lindagk23 said...

Sheila your card is so beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful talents with us! Hope you have a great week! Lindgk23

Audrey Frelx said...

Beautiful card, Sheila!!! Lisa will truly love this card and the stamps I'm sure!