April 15, 2013

POP UP-WINDOW CARD




Hi, everyone.  This is Charlotte C.  Thank you again, Sheila, for the opportunity to share a card with all your followers.  My daughter’s anniversary is coming up and I wanted to make something a little different.  I chose to use a template from a book I have called “Folding Ideas for Cards & Envelopes.”  The finished size is 5 x 7 and the templates from the DVD that come with the book were full size (hooray).  These are the 3 templates:



Once I knew everything would fit properly by testing it on plain copy paper first, I printed the cover on the white side of glitter card stock (DCWV) and printed the other pages on white card stock.  I did have to bring the template of the flower part without the opening into Photoshop Elements to flip it so it would line up with the other piece (something not told to me in the book, but obvious when I was test-fitting).  I added the inside greeting at that time before printing out that page. 

I cut on the lines and fussy cut the flowers (yikes).  I used Close to My Heart alcohol markers to color the flowers, distress pens for the tree, and added Stickles in orange, yellow and green in the centers.  Then I assembled the card.  I added a ribbon and a chipboard shape from Art Philosophy which I inked in pink.  Here’s what the card looks like closed and open (which I believe is how it’s supposed to be displayed). 


I added some Martha Stewart butterflies inside and I’m trying to decide whether to add some additional embellishments inside too.  Sorry the glitter/Stickles are not showing up.  And I’m thinking some day I’d like to be able to create something like this on my Gypsy and have my Cricut do all the cutting.  What do you think?  Thanks for being here today.  I so appreciate it.

9 comments:

Teach4U said...

The card turned out beautiful.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a great little card.... I love the pop up and the window... AWESOME! And look at those bright colors. This is an amazing card. Thanks for sharing!

Audrey Frelx said...

Beautiful!!!

Karon said...

WOW this is so pretty - love love the flowers and the card design is fab. TFS

Java Jen's Creations said...

Such a beautiful card! I think it would be easy to design and cut something like this with our Gypsy and Cricut!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness! What a beautiful card! Thank you for the details!

Pat Bowman said...

This is a very beautiful card - and I love the verse you put inside. I'm going to try to figure out how to do this on my Silhouette. I may need to find that book. Sounds intriguing!

Created by Kathi said...

Charlotte... can you do a vid tutorial on this card??? I LOVE it and can't figure it out... I love that the flowers show through the front but open up inside... are they double sided flowers??? thanks! Kathi

Charlotte C said...

I'm sorry, Kathi, I didn't see your request till today. I found your blog/email address so I'm writing to you right now!