June 18, 2013

Rough around the edges!

Hi everyone - it's Karon, from Karon's Krafty Korner, for my monthly visit to you all here at She's A Sassy Lady.  Thanks for putting up with me each month :-)

June seems to be the months for birthdays around here, so I have a birthday card to share with you.


For my card, I decided to have a go at a little shabby chic.  All my layers have been distressed with a Tim Holtz Distressing Tool and then I inked all the edges with Tea Dye distress ink.

The main layers are from a Momenta 6 x 6 pad called Rendezvous.  The rose topper is from Moonlighting Designs by Mary.  It is from a set of 8 called French Flowers.


I decided to add some rolled flowers,  the flowers are from the Cricut Flower Shoppe cartridge, scallop 1 on page 13.  The leaves are from the Art Philosophy cartridge, page 43.

I added a little bit of lace on that second layer to give it a more vintage feel.  The sentiment is from Scrappy Moms called Hooray for Birthdays.


This was really fun to make and once I had decided on the papers, didn't take too long to pull together.

For the inside I used the papers from the front and the little rose stamp is from a See D's stamp set called Springtime Swirls.


Thanks for having me stop by Sheila.

I hope you all have a fabulous week.

Happy crafting.

6 comments:

Charlotte C said...

Gorgeous card. Your flowers are beautiful. TFS.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

This card is so beautiful! Love the colors and the flowers you made, and look the inside is just as pretty as the ourside. LOVE IT! Thanks for sharing today!

Unknown said...

Karon this card is gorgeous!!! Love the flowers and all of the papers you layered!!!

Sonya said...

Such a pretty card...love the distressed edges! Well done!

D- said...

Karon your card is elegantly beautiful. TFS.
D~
http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

Karon said...

Thanks so much everyone :-)