September 23, 2013

A Washi Card

Hi Friends! Sandy, here from Scrapbook Blessings Club, joining up with She's A Sassy Lady today to bring you a new-to-me card technique...Washi Tape.  I used it once on a card challenge and that was only using two strips, lol.  This time I decided I wanted to try the criss cross patch work design using Washi Tape.

So here it goes....
  • First, I placed the tape over the front of my first layer, criss crossing. I didn't do the bottom because I was going to cover it with a pattern paper.


  •  Next, trim the base layer by cutting off all the extra tape.  Below are my card base and layers. I did add black when I put the card together. Black is my new "pop" of color.


  •  Here is the card with the mats and base adhered together


  •  Quick Tip: when I am using my markers, I will stamp two images. One is to "test" the colors to see what will match with my papers and in this case, to see which circle punch would fit this image. The second is the image I will put in on my project.


  •  Finally, I attach my sentiment using popdots/tape.



  • And that's it... my first attempt at Washi!  Now, I am looking forward to my next one!
Thanks for sharing and have a blessed day, Sandy
 ♥ Scrapbook Blessings Club DT ♥
♥ Sandy's Paper FunTime ♥

4 comments:

Charlotte C said...

What a bright, cheery card. TFS.

ValByDesign, Valerie said...

Very nice! Thanks for the tutorial images, too!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

This is just adorable. Love the technique and the colors are wonderful. Thanks for sharing with us today!

Karon said...

WOW Sandy, this is wonderful - what a fabulous idea! TFS