September 5, 2013

Mini Card Set for a Teacher

 Hi Everyone...it's Sonya here today from Sonya's Paper Trail and I'm sharing a set of mini cards that I gave to my son's 4th grade teacher for her birthday.  I know that teachers write a lot of notes to parents, so these cards (and a gift card to her favorite coffee shop) seemed perfect for her special day!  Check them out:

The apple is cut at 2 1/4 inches and can be found on Cricut Locker Talk.

I used a white gel pen to add the white dots and tied a cute little bow on each stem using lime green baker's twine.

The white background shape is a shape I cut on my Cameo.  I thought it was a little plain, so I added some "doodling" with a black marker--perfect touch!

Each sentiment is by My Craft Spot, from the Tiny Tags Stamp set.

And this is the little box that I used to package these cards!  It's a cut found on page 21 of the Art Philosophy cartridge handbook and I cut it at 8 inches.  Six mini cards and envelopes fit perfectly in this little package.

Thanks for joining us today...have a super, creative day!

Hugs,
Sonya

5 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Sonya what a great little gift set. I am sure she will love it. Thanks for sharing with us today.

Audrey Frelx said...

Sonya, such an adorable little card set for a teacher!

Karon said...

So pretty and I love the added twine! TFS

Java Jen's Creations said...

This is an adorable set!! So creative and thoughtful! Thanks so much for sharing this!

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

Too cute! And how thoughtful you are - been meaning to make some notecards for teachers too so thanks for the inspiration.