November 25, 2013

Pumpkin Z- Fold Card

Hi everyone,
  Sandy here from A Working Mom's Joy and Scrapbook Blessings Club, I am so happy to bring you a short tutorial today. Thank you Sheila for letting me be a part of this awesome blog!

  I am one of those people that "Christmas" and Christmas crafts don't start for me until AFTER Thanksgiving, lol.  So, I am still in fall/harvest mode (even though there is snow on the ground and hubby is outside stringing up the lights). With that, I have a very easy card fold that with a touch of Fall to share with you all.

  So here we go... I made very easy pumpkin card very easy using the Cuttlebug, embossing folders and the Cricut E2.  Starting with a regular A2 card but you will fold the top flap in half and back, just as shown below. This will give you a "z-fold" card.
 Second, pick out you pattern paper for matting and a couple of pumpkin die cuts. They were cut at 1.50" using the Cricut E2 from the Gypsy Wanderings however there are over a hundred different pumpkin Cricut images to chose from.

Now adhere you mattes to your cardstock. These were cut at 5.25 x4" and 5.25 x2".

-Using the Cuttlebug and three different folder, emboss you pumpkins
-Brown ink (any would do) and a dauber need to ink the edges of your pumpkins
-Add pop up foam tape to the back of your die cuts

 When you adhere her die cuts to your card, you will only adhere to the left side top panel.

 To finish it off, you can add a sentiment ( I kept the outside blank, to add my sentiment to the card when I need to actually use it. That way this card can be for different fall occasions).  Using a stencil, I drew a couple of line leaves to fill the blank space.

Here it is open. To keep with the line leaves, I just did a simple handwritten line sentiment to the inside panel.

Once again, thank you Sheila for letting me share a very easy quick and fun card for you readers.

4 comments:

Charlotte C said...

I like the idea of using 3 different embossing folders for the pumpkins. Neat. TFS.

Boopster said...

Very cute card, thanks!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Great card Sandy... love the different embossing on each of the pumpkins! Thanks for sharing today.

Karon said...

This is wonderful and love those pumpkins - great tutorial! TFS