January 23, 2014

Vellum Roses

Hello crafty friends! Leah from Paper Blossoms here today with some handmade vellum roses to share with you.

 For my flowers I used the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals dies and cut 5 flowers for each rose that I made. I also used the fabulous flower shaping tool kit from Sizzix called Susan's Garden Tool Kit. I got mine on Amazon here. These are only a few of the tools that come in the set and I really have found that they make the shaping of your flowers much more realistic and easy. I did find I had to be a little more careful in molding the vellum as it can tear more easily than cardstock.
 To form my roses I just started with the inner most petals, which was 2 of the flowers that I cupped fairly tightly around itself and applied Glossy Accents to hold it together. You have to be patient with this step and hold it until to sets up a bit or it will just pop apart. I did notice the vellum takes a bit longer to dry on. I continued to layer the last 3 flowers around the cupped middle and fluffed or tightened petals until I was happy with the rose shape.

Here is the project I used the flower on, a thinking of you card. I love the translucent quality of the vellum for flowers. Gives them a more light and airy feel. I hope you'll give it a try and make some of your own. If you do I'd love to come see what you make and I do hope you enjoyed my creation. Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

A Country Twinkle said...

Very pretty flowers. Great card!

Karon said...

Fabulous card and the roses are stunning! TFS

Charlotte C said...

Beautiful flowers (and card)

Boopster said...

Your patience was definitely rewarded - the results are lovely.

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

Love the flowers. So pretty!