March 3, 2014

Burlap Bunny Banner

Hello Sassy Ladies - Lori here from ScrappinMyStressAway with a burlap bunny banner!  As I sit here writing this post it is -1 at my house.  Thank goodness we missed the predicted snow yet again, but I know several of you did not get off that easy!!!

I usually host Easter at my house and am trying to get some new Easter Home Decor ready to go!!

I bought some burlap 12x12 squares at Michaels and used my fabric scissors to cut triangle banner flags. 
I found some bunny shapes and cut them out of vinyl.  I put a square around each bunny to create a stencil.  I weeded out the bunny and put the stencil on each banner flag.
I was able to get 10 triangles to fit on one 12x12 piece of burlap.
I used oil based sharpie markers to color in the bunnies.  I originally wanted to use paint, but did not have enough pink paint - so I improvised!!

I put paper down under my banner flags as the paint bled a little. 
I painted two coats.  Once the paint was dry, I peeled off the vinyl stencil. 
In order to create a backing for my burlap flags, I cut apart a paper grocery sack and painted mod podge on it. 
I put the flags on the paper grocery sack and pressed them into the mod podge.  I let it dry completely and then cut them out.
I used my Crop-A-Dile to punch holes in each flag and strung pink twine through them.

I was worried that the yellow paint would not show up, but after two coats it looked just fine!
I am hoping that if I hang this bunny banner now, spring weather will come soon!!!



3 comments:

Karon said...

Your banner turned out fabulous! TFS

Charlotte C said...

So cute. And what a great idea to use a paper bag to stabilize the burlap.

Boopster said...

Adorable idea!