April 8, 2014

A Box of Inspiration

Howdy!  Adrienne Kirkey here from Eagle Canyon Arts.  Thanks to Sheila for having me as guest designer today.

Last week I went to a workshop hosted by Gina Brandstetter.  We made these great boxes and filled them with five different cards stamped with Bible inspirations from the "Look To The Light" collection (B1428).

Supplies needed: 
Colonial White Cards and Envelopes (Value Pack - X1410)
Journaling Box (Z1953)
Ivy Lane Paper Pack (X7178B)
Ivy Lane Complements (X7178C)
Bitty Sparkles (Z1263) 
Bamboo Ink (Z2103)
Smokey Plum Ink (Z2147)
Look To The Light Stamp (B1428)
Ivy Lane Complements (X7178C)
Ivy Lane Paper Pack (X7178B)















Look To The Light Stamp (B1428)

The measurements for folding paper to cover the journaling box are here. 

The cricut cuts are as follows: 

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS...." - Ivy Lane Purple Cardstock - Artiste 2 1/2" Accent 1 <I LOVE YOU> Bamboo Cardstock - Artiste  2 1/4" Accent 1 <I LOVE YOU>

"Come Unto Me......"   Art Philosophy - 1 1/4" <Shape3> 

I don't have measurements for the papers on the cards or for the paper backing for the "flower" on the box.  When making new cards, I'll have to "wing it". 

Pictures of the completed project:
Covered Journaling Box, to hold cards
"Come Unto Me All Who Labor"
"Cast Thy Burden Upon The Lord"
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ"
"God Is Our Refuge and Strength"
"Thy Word Is a Lamp Unto My Feet"
The Collection
This project was lots of fun.  Since all the paper pieces were pre-cut for us, the entire project took 2 hours.  When figuring out all the measurements and creating the pieces "from scratch" it will likely take double the time.  I have ordered all the supplies to make MORE of these great little boxes and fill them with cards - they will be terrific gifts! 

Thanks for joining me on this project.  Enjoy Spring, create something wonderful every day!  Blessings, Adrienne

2 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

These cards are just beautiful, it is hard to believe they were done so quickly... love them. Thanks for sharing today.

Karon said...

Absolutely gorgeous! TFS