September 15, 2014

PAINTING WITH MAGICALS


Hi, everyone, this is Charlotte C here to share a little “magic” with you today.  Thank you so much, Sheila, for inviting me back again.
 I was fascinated by the Lindys Stamp Gang Magicals and wanted to show you the beautiful shimmer effects of these “mica” powders.  Oddly enough, according to the manufacturer, there is no mica in these shimmer powders; they’re inks.  You just add a tiny amount to either water, gel medium, modeling paste or texture paste on your craft sheet, paint your image, and the results are stunning.  You can even mix them with some water in a tiny mister to get your own shimmer spray.  But try to get a photograph of the shimmer – not happening with my cameras here unless I went really close up.  So that’s what I did.  I used the Magicals and some Wink of Stella glitter pens for the Halloween card I made.  Here’s some close-up’s to hopefully show you the beautiful shimmer I got.  I used watercolor paper and mixed the Magicals with gel medium for the images, mixed them with water for the backgrounds. 


If you’re saying there’s no orange in the little pots I’ve shown above, you’re right.  I mixed the pink with some yellow – voila, an orange pumpkin.   Did some pink and blue to get the purple.   Here’s the finished easel card.
 I’m throwing in another example of the beautiful shimmer with part of a tag I made using Spectrum Noir markers.  This was one of those try me offers for SN and I only had blue and yellow SN markers to color with.  Once I finished coloring, I just went over it with three colors of my Magicals , and you can see the lovely effect here.

I used Scrap Dots 3D clear glue to pop up the wings.  This stuff is amazing.
Thank you for stopping by today.   There’s more info on YouTube about the powders – just search for Lindys Stamp Gang Magicals.  Enjoy.
 




 













6 comments:

Karon said...

WOW fabulous, Charlotte. Love the butterfly! TFS

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

This is beautiful! Love the deep rich colors you chose. Thanks for sharing today.

Carol Ric said...

Gorgeous cards! Love the bright rich look of these colors. I don't recall hearing about these Magicals before. TFS!

Boopster said...

Those are yummy! Thanks!

Unknown said...

Charlotte this is beautiful!!! I have a couple Magicals and have not tried painting with them like this yet!

Donna Lee said...

Oh yeah, these are great! So pretty!