December 16, 2014

Snow Angel

Hi everyone.  It's Karon here from Karon's Krafty Korner.

Stopping by to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year.  Thanks Sheila, for letting me come visit.

Today,s creation is another book art sample.  The last time I posted, was my Christmas tree, using the same technique.  However, this time - you turn the book upside down for several of the pages - so that you get wings :-)  A great tutorial for this, can be found here at Five Go Blogging.

I decided to make a bottom for the angel using cork pot stands - so I first coated the cork in Gesso, just one coat would be enough, but I gave it two :-)


Then I gave it a coat of silver acrylic paint.  I am so pleased with how this turned out!


You can see the angel there in the background - looking a little headless LOL!

Anyways, after spraying her with some Perfect Pearls - Perfect Pearl is the colour I used, I also added a little more sparkle with some very fine glitter glue.

Her head is just a Christmas bauble, I kept the silver hanger attached to it, as I thought it made the perfect collar.


I couldn't resist adding some silver ribbon to her head and base.


Of course, as she is a Snow Angel I had to add some lovely silver snowflakes.


I finished off the base of the angel with some wired star garland, after all she is up in the stars and clouds there :-)


I was tempted to add a face to the bauble, but thought that may spoil it.  Less is more, as they say.


I apologise for the overload of photo's I was trying to share the sparkle :-)  Hope you are able to see it.


Maybe you could give it a go, with some old books that you may have.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

6 comments:

Charlotte C said...

Love the angel. Your work is so neat. TFS and Merry Christmas.

Sonya said...

You are a crafty genius! Love your beautiful angel!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

This is Gorgeous! Love it and the detail is amazing. Thanks for sharing today!

Ellibelle said...

This is just amazing! You are so creative!

Karon said...

Thanks so much everyone :-)

Anonymous said...

Wow! She is lovely!!