April 28, 2015

Feel Better

Hi everyone...It's Sonya from Sonya's Paper Trail, and do I ever love the card I'm sharing.  It was a Pinterest inspired design, but totally adapted for the colors I like. It's always good to keep an eye out for layouts you like, but then adapt the colors for your preference. 

 Check it out:


I started with my Cameo and designed the basic background of the card.  I started with a standard mat in the polka dot paper, then layered three banners in the floral print.  The doily was a cut from the Silhouette Online Store.  Rather than edit it, I cut a full circle, then simply sliced it in half with my trimmer (and used the other one to make a second card!).  The butterfly is also from the Silhouette Online Store.  I added a few glitter pearls for the body of the butterfly.  The stamped image is by PTI from the Mega Mixed Messages stamp set.  I added a Prima and a glitter brad to finish off the card.  The papers were all scraps in my bin.  Scraps have never looked so pretty!

I hope you have a great day! 
 
Cheers,
Sonya

4 comments:

Krafthead said...

Love the card layout and the doily! Nicely done~

Cocoa's Mom said...

This IS pretty, Sonya, and I'm sure I could cut it on my Explore!!!!!! TFS : )

Boopster said...

What beautiful paper - sure to make anyone feel better with the doily and butterfly! Thanks for showing us how it's done.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

This is a beautiful card Sonya. Love how you made it your own! Thanks for sharing at She's A Sassy Lady!