October 19, 2015

Quick Gift Card Holder


Hi, everyone.  This is Charlotte C visiting again thanks to Sheila, and I want to share a really neat and quick gift card holder with you (tis the season, right?)  Here’s what you’ll need:
1 envelope A7 size (to hold a 5 x 7 card)
3 pieces of solid card stock cut 3 ¼ “ x 5”
3 pieces of designer paper cut 3” x 4 ¾”
Approximately 18 inches of ribbon

Here’s the how-to:
First fold the envelope in half.

 

Now open it up and cut away just the right side of the flap (where I put an X) and seal the left side closed.  You now have a pocket on the right for your gift card and room for a sentiment and/or signature.

Adhere the designer paper to the card stock and place one set on the inside left of the holder.
Run the ribbon front to back, as evenly as possible, and use a little adhesive to hold it.
 Now adhere the other two sets of card stock/designer paper to the front and back.  All you need do is a little embellishment of your choice on the front and you’re done – except for the gift card itself, of course.  

What I did find was that certain stores give you a gift card in a little envelope which doesn’t fit in the slots of regular cards made to hold just the plastic gift card.  So when I saw Dawn Griffith had this in her archives, I knew I had to share it.

This is one I made for a birthday gift, so it is seasonless (is there such a word?).
 I love the fact it takes scraps to do this – and we all have scraps, I know!  Thanks for stopping by today.  Happy Fall.


4 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Charlotte, what a great gift card! I have so many scraps I should get moving! Thanks for sharing today.

Cocoa's Mom said...

This IS very neat, Charlotte! Now and again we donate gift cards as prizes and this seasonless gift card holder is just the perfect way to make the card a little more special! TFS

Boopster said...

Good idea! Always looking for ways to use scraps - including envelopes. Thanks!

Karon said...

Such a wonderful idea Charlotte - thanks for sharing!