November 27, 2015

My Anna Griffin Haul With Tips On Putting The Cards Together


Good afternoon! I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving surrounded by those you love. And of course, you didn't eat too much! Well after I the evening was done at our house my mother, daughter and grand daughter spent the evening after all else was gone or sleeping the food off going through all the fliers. so I didn't get this post done. Sorry! Anyway you have been shopping all morning so now you can take a break and read over my post.
I love Anna Griffin and had to get all the goodies to make the Christmas cards. I have had so much fun and still have a lot to do to finish. This post is for those of you that got the kits but haven't started. There are 2 videos, 1 that shows you what I bought and the 2nd what I made with tips interjected in. So grab a cup of coffee or tea and join me.


Isn't that awesome? Nothing nicer that getting the goodies. I was so excited.


Didn't you just love those cards. Yes I can brag as Anna did all the designing all I did was put them together with a little imagination. How fun this was not cutting.

Below you will find a ton of photos that I am not going to describe. However with that said toward the very bottom you will find photos where the fronts are done and the working is on the inside. Be sure to check that out also. They took more creativity and I love them. At first I thought I should have bought 2 boxes of the pop ups but I am happy I went this way.















Here are the different style cards were I designed the front and printed the inside. Just get your Explore out and have fun creating your headings and inside of the cards. I hope you like.




Thank you for joining me today. I hope you enjoyed this post and came away with a few tips and lots of encouragement! Thanks for your encouraging words, your comments continue to inspire me to keep sharing with me.

4 comments:

Carol said...

Sheila, your Anna Griffin cards are simply stunning. I so love her card kits and have her Christmas kits from the past 4 years too. She includes so many embellishments that I have oodles left over from each year. So this year I pulled out all the older kits and included some of those embellishments with this year's card kit too. What fun I am having creating cards by mixing everything together. Love your idea of separating the embellishments by theme into little baggies ... that is going to help, especially with the mix and match group I have.

You also asked what Anna Griffin items we got through HSN ... so hold on to your hat ... this list is a long one .... card kits (5 years total), dies and embossing folders for the Christmas words (Merry Christmas, Jingle, etc.), ALL of the AG embossing folders (including the Christmas sets), Christmas metallic paper (great for embossing backgrounds for the inside sentiments, and outside layering too), gold foiled card layering set, extra sentiment sets, foiled envelope inserts and extra bows, holly and bell dies, the AG cartridges (love the beautiful cuts they have), the Minc machine and the holiday foil set ... there is more, I just can't recall it all right now. Do I have too much? Maybe, but I am loving how this incredible variety of Anna Griffin products can be combined to create the most beautiful and unique cards EVER! (BTW, I've only listed the Christmas items, if I were to list all my AG products I have, you would get eye strain from reading it all. I love Anna's products so much, and the truly great thing is that her style, themes and colors can easily coordinate between all the sets, so the mix and match option totally works! When you add other Cricut cuts, and Cuttlebug layering, you end up with some truly magnificent cards.

Thanx for sharing your finished cards ... I loved seeing them, and each and every one is BEAUTIFUL. Happy Crafting! Hugz, Carol

Boopster said...

Wonderful Cards! The colors and designs are so nostalgic. Every single element evokes a memory of cards from the past. The pop up form brings another aspect of nostalgia into play. Inspiring work, Sheila! Happy Holidays!

BethAnn M said...

I love the vintage look to these elements, and your cards are so pretty! I bought the Minc and the autoship bundle back in late spring when it was on, and I am really enjoying the goodies that come with it. The Christmas set was the first package and I have already used it t make my cards! I just received the love package which is for Valentines, and also good for anniversary, etc. It is so much fun to make things shine.

Charlotte C said...

I too bought the Anna Griffin 50 pop up cards kit. I think my kit's been here since October and the cards are all finished. I sorted as you did - by theme, color, etc. But instead of bags, I put them in large Tupperware deli keepers and some trays so everything stayed flat. Totally took over the kitchen table after dinner one night just sorting. Whew. But the finished cards are stunning. I'll admit I was tempted to buy two kits at first, but once the kit was here and I realized how much sorting and thinking was required, I was really glad I didn't do that. Your cards are beautiful.