March 24, 2016

A Fun Project

Sandy from Ukiah here again. I am excited to share with you this project I made for my grandson's birthday.  I am not doing a video today, I really would rather do a video but with my project it would have been to hard (for me) to do a video of it.  So I have taken pictures of each step.


I started with a plain white 12x24 canvas.  I forgot to take a picture of it before I started painting, so I went back down to the store and took one there.  


The next step wasn't too bad,  all I had to do was paint the canvas.  I used Artist's Loft Acrylic paint, I first use Unbleached Titanium, but I felt it was to light of a color, so I painted over it Naples Yellow, I think it looks better. 


So while the paint is drying I cut out the guitar in black 631 Vinyl.  Was a little nervous about doing the vinyl, but it turned out pretty good.  The weeding took me about an hour to do.


The next step was a little stressful.  I had to measure where I was going to put the guitar, the sun and the water... My sweet husband was good to help me with the measurements.  I was a bit upset because I didn't make swirls for the water.  


I used Artist's Loft paint Cerulean Blue and Titanium White for the sun and the water.  I mixed the Cerulean Blue and Titanium White for the sun.  And just used the Cerulean Blue for the water.
So now the part I was dreading, "did I measure it right for the sun to be where I wanted it."


Yes, it went on perfectly... I don't know why the color looks so different in each picture.  I suppose it is the lighting when I take the pictures.


So here is the finished project.  
I decided to add a quote that he mentioned in his graduation speech.  I hope he likes it.
I am pretty happy with how it turned out.
Thanks for taking the time to stop by, I hope you enjoyed my project this month.
Remember to leave a comment click on the RED G+.
And thank you again for having me as one of your Designers Sheila.



0 comments: