March 29, 2016

Vinyl Pillow

It's Sandy from Ukiah here again.  I had something totally different that I was going to post, but it didn't work out.   So I had to come up with another plan.  I liked this one better anyway.  It is really an easy project, it just takes a bit of time to get it completed.




Isn't this about the cutest thing ever!  I saw this and just had to make one for my friend's grandson.
Then it turned out so cute I have decided to make each of my kids one for Christmas.  But instead of the dog I am going to put a red heart. (my kids are all grown up, but I think it's adorable).



So the first thing you need to do is get a pillow, I like the black pillow with the white vinyl lettering, but you could use any color of pillow and what ever color vinyl you want for the lettering. 



You need to use the HTV vinyl. I used my Silhouette, you can use the Explore, but I liked using the Silhouette for this project.  You cut out the design on the HTV vinyl .  Don't forget to mirror your design.  It looks like there is nothing there, gave me a little scare the first time I used the HTV.  But it is there. 



The next step is weeding it.  This is what it looks like after you are done with the weeding.  With the HTV vinyl you don't need transfer tape.  




 So now you are ready to  put it on your pillow and press it with your iron.  I don't have a heat press (but I am getting one, I am very excited about that).




And here is the final result... I am really pleased with it.  And like I said it is really an easy project, it just takes a bit of time to it.  Thank you for stopping bye and I hope you enjoyed my project as much as I enjoyed making it. And thank you again for having me as one of your guest designers Sheila.  

~ sandyfromukiah

0 comments: