May 26, 2016

Birthday Paper Bag Album




















Hi Everyone, Lisa from Lisa's Craft Room here, sharing my project for the month of May. Thank you Sheila for having me :) A friend is celebrating her birthday next week on the night of our card party at her house, so I wanted to surprise her with this paper bag album. This is the front of the album. Her favorite color is green so I went with different shades. (I don't know why these pictures don't show the true colors, maybe it's the lighting). I punched holes to hold the album together, added grommets, then tied different ribbons to each one. I had this flower in my stash forever, it is a two part flower with a brad, so I added a doily, some burlap and jute and a fabric flower under it so that it had layers.



















I covered all the pages with designer paper from different stacks. The first page I added a pocket, a tag, a butterfly and ribbon on the side. The stamped balloons, candles, cupcakes and die cut butterfly are all from Stampin' Up.


The second page I added a mini paper bag, which I put mini cuttlebug folders in. The butterfly, heart and sentiment is Heidi Swapp stickers. The flowers are from a kit from Stampin' Up that I ran through my crimper and added a brad.




















The third page I die cut a tag from My Creative Time, tied bakers twine around it, added a wooden woman, which I bought at Hobby Lobby. The sentiment is from Stampin' Up along with the tag punch that it is stamped on.



















The fourth page I added silk flowers from my stash with rhinestones which are from Stampin' Up.  I ran the background, which is also from a Stampin' Up kit through my crimper. The sentiment was cut out from a sheet of designer paper. I made a junk bow from paper and different ribbons and adhered that on.



















The fifth page I made a little pocket and added a couple of mini cuttlebug folders.


The sixth page I had a premade tag, I stamped the woman, which is from Close To My Heart. I added a rhinestone to her pony tail and her wrist, the sentiment is from Stampin' Up.




















The seventh page I added a premade pocket which has a mini cuttlebug folder in it. The cake is an older stamp from Stampin' Up. I used glitter markers to highlight the candle and the frosting.




















The eighth page I added a premade mini paper bag, a crocheted flower, a button with bakers twine tied to it, three mini silk flowers and rhinestones. I stamped that cutie face from Peachy Keen and colored in the eyes and cheeks and added a little stickles to the eyelashes.



















The ninth page I had a premade folder, this is it closed.



















This is it opened. I used some stickers from my stash for her name. The stamps are from Stampin' Up. I added some stickles to the cupcake.


The tenth page I stamped the month of her birthday just randomly, that stamp is from Paper Trey Ink. I stamped the block sentiments which is from My Creative Time, and some blotches which is from Stampin' Up. I added some jute, then stapled a piece of wire mesh on top. I had that premade tag in my stash, so I adhered that under the mesh.



















Finally :) this is the back of the album. I just added a piece of tattered ribbon to cover the seam of the paper.
















I tucked these two cuttlebug folders into the pockets of the album.
I can't wait to give it to her. I'm sure she will love it.
Thank you so much for stopping by.

0 comments: